Was I wrong?

So once again my DH's ex decided to slam us on Facebook. She took me to that point and I finally sent a message back!!

Her Posting: Their mine and I will have them back one day. You and him are nothing but a piece of shit that's all I'm saying.

My response: It has become more then evident that you never plan to be civil & that’s exactly why I denied your friend request. Maybe if you spent more time communicating with "YOUR" children then you did bashing us you could have a better relationship with them. They miss you but it’s obvious you cannot handle one child let alone five. I hope for their sake you grow up soon! Oh and by the way the correct spelling is “dying” that’s all I’m going to say.

Okay the last dig was because she always spells dying "Dieing"....but anyway was I wrong? I shouldn't have let it get to me but it has been building up for 1 1/2 years.

Update: We do have full custody and she lost all rights. Plus she is back child suporrt almost $4 grand. Do you think a court would take her seriously if she even tried to obtain full custody against the original judges decision?

TanyaShaneyfelt

Asked by TanyaShaneyfelt at 7:08 PM on Apr. 22, 2011 in Relationships

• Just keep printing off those updates she puts on her FB page. When you go back to court submit them to the judge and he will order her to remove them and NEVER post things about you him or the kid's Ever again. You wernt wrong per say, but you did stoop to her level. Ignore her and keep printing them off for future use i n court.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 7:12 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• You didn't say anything wrong or might be construed as rude, you were just defensive. I agree with vbruno. Keep meticulous documentation and print them before she's able to delete them. Nowadays virtual bullying is being taken more seriously and I have a hunch that the judge will make her accountable. Also, resist the urge to say anything that might sound back if it was brought up in court. She could easily turn the tables on what you say. Witnesses are always great to have but sometimes you can't have them so just deflect as much as you can to voicemail or email. If she leaves a voicemail, don't call back but reply by email so that you have a copy of what you said and can defend yourself against any possible allegations that she may make that you're threatening her. Mediation might help but I wouldn't count on it too much.
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 7:19 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• you have to watch what you say on face book cause you can get in some trouble with doing that
    littlekids

Answer by littlekids at 5:12 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• I would document but not confront her. In fact, it is really your DH's job to document that crap, not yours. You just walk your own path and don't even look at her trash.
    lilangilyn

Answer by lilangilyn at 7:44 PM on Apr. 23, 2011