Anybody else wear retainers?

I have gone through two sets of braces in my life and now wear top and bottom pink plastic retainers. They are stained even though I soak them in cleaner. Any suggestions for getting the stains out?

lilangilyn

Asked by lilangilyn at 7:09 PM on Apr. 22, 2011 in Health

• I do, my orthodontist told me to occassionally soak them in a mixture of 1/10 bleach 9/10 water. Then to soak them in mouthwash to get rid of the bleach taste.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 7:10 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• When I had retainers I soaked them in denture cleaner and sometimes brushed them with a bit of toothpaste.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 7:12 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• I heard that those denture cleaning products can get such stains out or cleaning with hydrogen peroxide. I wouldn't use bleach as it's not safe for ingestion and you never know if you really rinsed it all out. Hydrogen peroxide is safer.
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 7:12 PM on Apr. 22, 2011