Would you allow you kids to cuss? And why?

My sis said for ex. if she was acting like a biatch and annoying everyone she would allow her kids to give her a reality check and say mom your acting like such a bitch today! Lol not my kids so I thought it was funny! But my kids, no until they were grown and understood them completely.

SMITxsM2

Asked by SMITxsM2 at 7:10 PM on Apr. 22, 2011 in General Parenting

• No no no no. I don't think so ever
    MexTexmom2

Answer by MexTexmom2 at 7:12 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• No. It just isn't age appropriate and is totally disrespectful for a child to talk that way. I don't allow cursing any more than I would allow them to scream in my face or tell me what to do.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:23 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• Nope, I refuse to let my children cuss because it makes them sound trashy and makes me look like a bad parent.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 7:23 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• no, it shows disrespect to swear
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 7:29 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• okay lets go back a second though.. lol. my dd's three so some of her words aren't pronounced properly. like dump is "dumb" truck is with an F and movie comes out as doobie.. so yes obviously i correct her and say for instance.. yes that is a dump truck in the movie... abd dont scold for her "swearing" because she's 3 and obviously unaware of what she is saying. lol.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 7:33 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• no
    vgaines

Answer by vgaines at 7:36 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• xxhazeldovexx that's funny my daughter talks with a lisp so sometimes she also sounds like she's cursing and I just repeat to her how it's really pronounced. And yes, i do agree that if you allow your child to curse, they look trashy and also reflected onto you.
    SMITxsM2

Comment by SMITxsM2 (original poster) at 7:41 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• Nope! i dont even let people cuss around my kids, I have worked very hard to not let them hear those words. i know that they will at some point but when they are older and hear them they will know that they are not something they should say. i am not going to say I never cuss but I just dont think it is appropriate.
    VBM7287

Answer by VBM7287 at 7:51 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• We allowed it. My kids know when it is not approriate at all and I have not had problems with them swearing in front of any family, or in stores, around children...

I have WAY more issues with them calling people names, or using words to put people down or make them feel bad. THAT they get in trouble for
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 8:42 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• *also- my son is almost 15 and I have NEVER heard him swear- even though we allow it
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 8:43 PM on Apr. 22, 2011