strech marks true or false?

is it true that when you have strech marks and you go tanning it desapear?i ve strech marks in my belly,hips....and they are white is there any solution

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:49 AM on Dec. 3, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• You can see them MORE when you tan
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:51 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• Nope no solution--I live where there is sun most of the year and they only fade with time, and putting yourself in a position of exposing your self to extra UV rays in vain isn't really a good thing.
    coala

Answer by coala at 12:51 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• Stretch marks tend to tan allot lighter than the non stretched skin. And despite EVERYTHING you hear or read about mirical creams getting rid of stretch marks, if your genitically predispositioned to them your gonna have them. Diet and excercise will lessen them greatly, and plactic surgery will fix it to. Do your best not to gain more weight then the Dr says when preggo.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 1:16 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• You can try applying the herb chickweed -- it is for scarring and can help lighten stretch marks faster.
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 3:13 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• Nope.
    richgirljj

Answer by richgirljj at 11:08 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I did find that sun exposure helped reduce the appearance of stretch marks for me.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 11:37 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• when i tan my stretch marks are less visable
    karliesmom0506

Answer by karliesmom0506 at 11:49 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• NO IT IS THE OPPOSITE. THE SUN AND TANNING ENHANCE SCARS AND MAKE THEM STAND OUT MORE ALSO CAN MAKE THEM NOT FADE AS SOON. ITS BEST TO KEEP ANY SCAR OUT OR THE SUN OR TANNING BED.
    USE MEDERMA IT WORKS GREAT! WALMART AND TARGET HAVE IT AND MANY DRUG STORES.
    sassy_brizzy

Answer by sassy_brizzy at 1:56 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I use 2 of my Avon cream products to lighten my stretch marks and it works great they are called:
    Avon Solutions Super Shape Anti-Cellulite and Stretch Mark Cream and the other one is Avon Solutions Re-Fine Stretch Mark Smoother

Let me know if you have any questions or would like to order some.
    www.youravon.com/tboville
    Terryn2069

Answer by Terryn2069 at 3:15 PM on Dec. 3, 2008