Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How to raise money for my son with autism

Answer Question

Asked by TMS28 at 7:11 PM on Apr. 22, 2011 in Health

Level 3 (16 Credits)
Answers (7)
  • For what? therapy? Sports? Feeding struggles? What do you need to raise money for? Have you applied for SSI? what about a Deeming waiver?

    Answer by But_Mommie at 7:15 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

  • what is deeming wavier

    Comment by TMS28 (original poster) at 8:02 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

  • In my state it is called a deeming waiver. It is just a medical waiver that allows some special need children to get Medicaid as a secondary insurance despite family income.

    Answer by But_Mommie at 8:07 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

  • Not sure what kind of money you are trying to raise, but what about having a benefit?? You could do 50/50 raffle, silent acution, bake sale.... These things wouldn't raise tons but it would be a start.


    Answer by skittles1108 at 8:27 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

  • ask the church, if you go. they may help u

    Answer by angelbritnee at 12:28 AM on Apr. 23, 2011

  • Not sure. Good luck.

    Answer by ceciliam at 1:47 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

  • There are all sorts of organizations out there that offer grants to help with various Autism related issues.

    Answer by onecuteladybug2 at 2:40 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.