My DD (3) just whacked her brother(6) in the head with a Snow White mirror...Survey says...

A) she can have it back in a few days
B) she can have in back in a week
C)It disappears for a good long WHILE
D)Trash

She was corrected, sent to bed early and had to apologize to DS already. I just don;t know what to do with the mirror. It's a talking one so it's heavy, for a mirror. She throws everything! We are trying to get it under control. DS is in bed with an ice pack and some motrin. He looks like he is growing and Easter egg on his head! Should be cute for pictures... inter interesting story for when he older I guess..

But_Mommie

Asked by But_Mommie at 7:14 PM on Apr. 22, 2011 in General Parenting

• I say A....if it's the first time that she's done it. Give her another chance, but make sure she hears you say that you are giving her another chance and the next time she does it, it's gone for a long time.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 7:16 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• I'd say C... but it's really up to you.
    tiffanynichols

Answer by tiffanynichols at 7:17 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• C
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 7:17 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• but it's really up to you.

lol. I know... I just wondered what everyone else though. I'm torn between trash and a few months! While this is the first time she has actually hurt anyone she throws crap ALL the time. That is her number one reason for any correction she receives.
    But_Mommie

Comment by But_Mommie (original poster) at 7:18 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• id say A also if its a "first time offense" LOL. i think i know what mirror you're referring to, does it talk if you press a button on top? my 4 year old has a disney princesses one, and those things are heavy!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 7:23 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• yep. Lights up and says 'You're as pretty as a Princess' and stuff like that!
    But_Mommie

Comment by But_Mommie (original poster) at 7:24 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• haha yep same one!! my 15 month old loves standing in front of it and staring at herself. she cracks up if someone pushes the button and it talks to her
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 7:25 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• i take ALL the toys away for a few hours, theni make her help clean up the house... (my dd's three too).. it's taken a few months but she doesnt like to clean and realizes that its easier to talk it out rather than ruin her things. (while we clean we talk about her emotions and better ways to express them) ..with the toy she threw i tell her if its thrown again i will give it to another child who doesn't have toys who would LOVE it and cherish it. And yes there were a few toys i donated.. the minute she threw something the second time we drove straight to goodwill and dropped it off. it took a bit but she got it and doesnt throw toys anymore and actually keeps her room cleaned up now too.

xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 7:28 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• I say A if this is the first time she has hit him with something, but if not donate it and give her softer toys until she is old enough to fully understand and grasp the severity of her actions

timbrikaylamom

Answer by timbrikaylamom at 7:35 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• I would say C. I would wait for a long time to give it back to her. Good luck.
    TeresaM35

Answer by TeresaM35 at 8:28 PM on Apr. 22, 2011