Post Baby Cycle

How long did it take your menstrual cycle to get back to normal after baby? I had my son on 08/22 and didnt get my first period until 10/31 Now its dec.2nd and I haven started again. I just took a test, and it was neg. is this normal?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:50 AM on Dec. 3, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• 5 mo pp--and still not back to regular type of cycle--some are 2 wks, some are 4 wks, gone as long as 6 wks.
    coala

Answer by coala at 12:52 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• eehh. Not sure what is worse, no sign of a period, or periods that last that long. how long do you have inbetween them?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:54 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• apart they last for about 1 wk--before baby 36 hours
    coala

Answer by coala at 12:54 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I went back on BC after my first period came back I was done breastfeeding and was ready to have my body back to me. Their are only two things that have ever made me regular one is BC the other I married.

wmbeener

Answer by wmbeener at 12:55 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• hm. since i technically should've started my period this past weekend, and i have a script for BC, do you think it would be okay to go ahead and start taking it, or should I wait for a period?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:58 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• Check with your doc, but mine said that it was ok to start w/o a period
    coala

Answer by coala at 1:00 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• My son was born August 25th and I still haven't had one. I've just started my second month of birth control, and I'm breastfeeding.

Unless your doctor told you otherwise, start your birth control. Have you been having unprotected sex? You may already be pregnant!

It can take a year after baby for your period to be regular again, even longer if you're exclusively breastfeeding!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 1:15 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• Yes. Postpartum periods can be very irregular.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:21 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I've taken a test, im not preggo.
    thank.
    God.
    lol.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:20 AM on Dec. 3, 2008