Fever 104.2 adult content

my 14month old daughter has a fever of 104.2 thats fluctuating but not going to where its supposed to be. She has now had diahrrea and a little vomitting. Any ideas on what this could be?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:34 PM on Apr. 22, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• sounds like the flu but I would take her to the ER if I were you. You don'twant to mess around with her health
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 7:36 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• I don't know but I would take her to the Doctors/Hospital as soon as possible.
    firepony

Answer by firepony at 7:37 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• Sounds like some kind of virus but that fever is really high. You should probably call a doctor or take her to the ER. Hope she gets feeling better!
    tiffanynichols

Answer by tiffanynichols at 7:37 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• 104.7 is what it read or you added a degree. How did you take it? When was the last dose of meds? If it is really that high you need to call her ped's ER line or just head to the ER to be checked out.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:38 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• With a fever that high you should take her to the hospital..
    TexasMama2Boys

Answer by TexasMama2Boys at 7:38 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• *.2
    But_Mommie

• Call the doctor. Follow the instructions the on call doctor gives you, and they will include when to actually head to the ER. Fever in and of itself is not an emergency. It is nature's way of trying to destroy the virus that has invaded the body. Some people, like my 6 & 11 yr olds run very high fevers at the drop of a hat. My 13 yr old's tend to top out at 102.5

It sounds a lot like the virus my 13 yr old has been battling all week.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 7:41 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• is that WITH meds or WITHOUT?? Sounds like a bad virus and you need to keep her VERY hydrated and cool...lots of popsicles...IF that's WITH meds then she needs to go to the ER...It if's WITHOUT, then give her Motrin and Tylenol and alternate every 4 hours.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 7:42 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• no but that is a high fever you need to take her to er or doctor
    WildCat73

Answer by WildCat73 at 7:44 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• she has been given tylenol and the fever goes up and down
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:49 PM on Apr. 22, 2011