How to stop my 5 yrold fro bed wettig

My 5 yr old bed wets We wake her at night she still bed wets

wannabeproud

Asked by wannabeproud at 7:37 PM on Apr. 22, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• have you tried to not let her have drinks after 6pm?
    melissa821619

Answer by melissa821619 at 8:00 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• I posted this question awhile back and got los of answers. I was waking him up, limiting his drinks.... nothing was working. I could wake him up 3x and he would still wet. Most of the moms aid that they are ready when they're ready, but sometimes not until as late as 6 or 7. There's a reason why those night time pullups go up to such abig size. Hang in there! No one goes to college wetting the bed!
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 8:15 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• My daughter wet the bed until she was 4-4.5 ... I asked the ped about it and he said that kids grow at different rates and sometimes their little bodies don't catch up with their bladders....or was it vice versa?....lol....either way, he said it is not out of the ordinary for a child not to be dry through the night until 6 or 7 or even later. Its not the child's fault. So many parents label kids "bed-wetters" or deprive them of water for hours to get them to stay dry. After the ped told me that, I went out , bought a pack of overnight pull ups and stopped worrying about it. She wore those for maybe 6 months, after a full week of dry pull ups in the morning we stopped, and again that was by the time she was 4.5. She's 6 now and has had maybe 3 accidents since. My son just turned 4 and is no where near being ready to go without a night time pull up, but he'll get there eventually. GL!
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 8:49 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• Patience and a package of Goodnights/Pull ups! Lots of kids are just not ready at this age and there is nothing you can do about it. I wet the bed until I was 12, and my parents tried every trick in the book with me. My DS1 is 10 yrs old and still needs to wear Goodnights to bed (it tends to run in families). My younger DS has been dry since he was 5yrs. You just need to wait for his body to be ready.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 11:03 AM on Apr. 23, 2011

• Limit drinks after a certain time before bed. Make sure she goes to the potty before going to bed.
    kgmmw

Answer by kgmmw at 1:09 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• No drinks after 6 pm. Make her go pee before she falls asleep. Have you had her checked for bladder problems?
    auggirl11

Answer by auggirl11 at 12:04 PM on Apr. 26, 2011