O My Gosh she does know how. Kind of a repost

I posted the other day that my MIL says she doesn't know how to make a bottle despite being a very literate person.

Later that night she explained to my SIL how to make a bottle she just refuses to make formula for him. She will feed it to him if she has to but won't make it. Don't worry she's always got someone there so he's not starving and she's fine with feeding him food.

Ok I'm really confused now. I know she was quite opposed to my formulafeeding him because she's kind of one of those breastmilk is magic people(Sorry this is not an insult to breastfeeders do what makes you happy with your kids I just don't think it's a magical cure all).
Does this sound like she's just still upset about the formula feeding or does this sound like something else? I don't care(ok I care a little because I wish she respected my parenting choices) so much if she is, it won't change what I do.
But I was just wondering if this sounded strange and like maybe this is another shot about ffing thing and if possibly anyone elses family did this kind of thing too or is it just me?

lizziebreath

Asked by lizziebreath at 7:40 PM on Apr. 22, 2011 in General Parenting

• The only way you will know for sure is if you have a chat with her.

I am a very pro-breastfeeding person. Honestly I would have a problem with a DIL choosing to FF. However, I would make sure that I did my best to not be a b*otch about it. And I would certainly not not make formula for a grandchild.

And as far as worrying about her making a bottle, make sure that he has premade bottles provided. Or at least some in a jar or container that she can pour easily.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 7:45 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• I generally have an RTF in the fridge for her. I had postpartum psychosis and PTSD, breastfeeding triggered the flashbacks so it was not exactly a choice to formula feed. It just bothered me, thank you for your comment balagan_imma.
    lizziebreath

Comment by lizziebreath (original poster) at 7:55 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• bottle fed babys do just fine hang in there !!!!!!!!!!!!
    goatmom4

Answer by goatmom4 at 8:09 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• Sounds like some petty BS to me. Feed your kid however you can! She should be able to accept it and move on.
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 8:10 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• Personally, I wouldn't allow the baby to be left alone with her if she is that against the way you are feeding him. What if she disagrees with some other thing you want to do? What if you don't want to feed him any of a certain food and she doesn't see the harm or if you want to feed him something and she refuses that, too?
    There's nothing wrong with formula. I have 5 kids that are 100% formula fed and they are the healthiest kids I know. The younger 3 (8 1/2, 5 and 9 months) have never seen a doctor for anything other than well visits. We've had just 1 ear infection in almost 11 years of having kids and that was our oldest when she was 9 (swimmer's ear) and only one case of the flu (our older son at 8).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 9:50 PM on Apr. 22, 2011