Is it safe to travel to Turkey right now?

Always wanted to visit Istanbul as they say it holds the number 1 spot in night life, CNN says otherwise...have you been there?

MexTexmom2

Asked by MexTexmom2 at 7:41 PM on Apr. 22, 2011 in Travel

• Here is the US link for travel warning in the Country's America is not likely to be able to help you if you get in trouble or have issues while traveling there.        http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/tw/tw_1764.html

vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 8:17 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• I wouldn't go ANYWHERE around those area's, you can get good nightlife elsewhere and be safer
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 8:40 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• I understand Turkey is safe, I am surprised to hear CNN say it isn't . Did they cite a reason ? i am also surprised Istanbul is rated #1 for nightlife . i have never been there but I have travelled a lot in Europe . Never had a problem .
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 10:00 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• You should be fine in Turkey. It is a secular democratic society that has almost zero chance of anything like what going on in Tunisia, Egypt, Libya or Syria going on in it. Those were/are all authoritarian/dictatoriships.

Go and have a good time.
    HeatUSA-Tunisia

Answer by HeatUSA-Tunisia at 4:11 PM on Apr. 23, 2011