For those that has made pepperoni rolls before

ok so I got a recipe from a friend of mine I haven't tried it yet though I have never heard of it actually until she said something about it. It sounds good, but the question is she makes hers as a snack can you make it as a dinner or is more of a snack? Also about how much does it cost to buy the stuff? She said to by a bag of frozen bread and when I buy the pepperoni to buy enought for something (I forget) to I think 36 rolls. I was just cerious to how much it costs to make them? And if it can be made for a dinner?

mommy5409

Asked by mommy5409 at 7:53 PM on Apr. 22, 2011 in Food & Drink

• You could make it for dinner. You could make them bigger and even add more ingredients to make it more of a pizza roll to make it more filling.

skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 8:03 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• I guess you could make them for dinner but we never have. They have always been a snack tye thing for us. We usually make them in the summer to take on long trips.

I had never heard of them before my mom married my step dad. He is from West Virgina and they are REALLY big there.

I usually get a bag of frozen bread dough if I do not make my own which I do sometimes. I rub it with olive oil and let it sit overnight covered with plastic wrap. They dough rises a LOT and will make a LOT of rolls.

Then we get a large bag of pepperonis and a couple different types of cheese to make a variety. Stuff them, bake them and eat them!! YUM!!!!!
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 8:05 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• like what? the only things I like other than pepperoni is bacon and sausage. I am picking lol
    mommy5409

Comment by mommy5409 (original poster) at 8:05 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• Oh I forgot to add if you are just making 36 it would most likely cost around ten to 15 dollars. We usually spent 35 or more but we made HUGE batches and froze some too.
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 8:06 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• you could do it in little bites but that would be very time consuming. i just made a big pinwheel that was simular to this the other day. i unthawed one bread dough, rolled it out, spread your sauce on it, then cheese (we didnt do meat but you could) and roll the whole thing up in jelly roll style, make sure edges are sealed and bake.

i have no idea how much it would cost. bread dough is about..what? $4.00 to begin with.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 8:18 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• Could you post the recipe? This sounds like something my kids would love - being able to freeze them for lunches/snacks for later would be great.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 8:19 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• 1 bag frozen bread rolls. enough pepperoni for 24-36 rolls (depending on brand you get), mozz cheese (or other cheese you like), sausage (optional)

once dough is thawed, stuff the rolls with as much pepperoni and/ or cheese as you want. Then cover and let rise (1 hour) once they have, pop them in the oven and follow the speed baking method on the bag. (usually 15-18 minutes). She said to check after 10 minutes so they don't burn. Once they are nice and golden brown on top then she said she butters the top (optional) this is the recipe she gave me and I haven't tried them yet lol
    mommy5409

Comment by mommy5409 (original poster) at 8:44 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• Thank you :) They sound simple and tasty.

I would totally serve those for dinner. A nice green salad or similar on the side, and dinner is done.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 9:05 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• your welcome and ya I think I might try them as a dinner with a sald or something
    mommy5409

Comment by mommy5409 (original poster) at 9:47 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• that sounds good:)
    mommythree0508

Answer by mommythree0508 at 10:30 PM on Apr. 22, 2011