Summer Birthdays question *edited*

How do you keep in touch with your child's friends from school?

My daughter's birthday is in June her last day of school is May 26th. She wants to invite a bunch of her friends in her class..

I was thinking about maybe some cards asking for their addresses or phone numbers, or just planning her birthday very early which i have a hard time doing because I don't know what could happen and i dont have their numbers in case i have to reschedule..

How should I go about doing this?!

Also same question for my son, his birthday is in August - he gets out of school june 2nd...

3HappylKidds

Asked by 3HappylKidds at 8:16 PM on Apr. 22, 2011 in General Parenting

• I would do her party in Early June and let her take invites to school with her the last week. My son came home last year last week of school with 3 invites!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:19 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• I wanted to add one was 3 weeks in advance.
    But_Mommie

• How old is your daughter? if she is young the card idea sounds good, if the kids are capable of giving their address, I would give her like a tablet, to get her to write their info on.

Answer by older at 8:21 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• send the invites to school on the last day of school.
    4my1stborn

Answer by 4my1stborn at 8:22 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• *older* that is a good idea altho she is only 3. I would consider that with my son's class but they are kindergarteners .. a lot of them dont know their address or phone number..
    3HappylKidds

Comment by 3HappylKidds (original poster) at 8:23 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• I'd explain it to the teacher and see if they could give you an address list. Or if they feel uncomfortable doing that a phone or an e-mail list so you could contact the parents directly and ask them for their addresses.

jen699

Answer by jen699 at 8:48 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• Ask the teacher or the person who runs the preschool for a list. :)
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 9:34 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• We don't. My kids only invite friends from the neighborhood over for birthdays. And, up until this year, they didn't get parties at all. My oldest turns 11 at the end of June, 1 week after school gets out. She's only inviting the kids that live on our block to her party.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 9:46 PM on Apr. 22, 2011