WHY can't I make cinnomon rolls?

I have tried 3 times now. The first time I ended up with cookies. THe last time they were tough and the filling all melted out so it was just on the bottom of the pan. This time they are dry and falling apart and the filling STILL ran out. I can make home made bread, cookies, cake, pretzels, brownies... I even made bagels once! Why can't I make cinnamon rolls!?!?! ::sigh:: thank God for Pillsbury.

But_Mommie

Asked by But_Mommie at 8:17 PM on Apr. 22, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Have you tried PW's recipe? I think they'd give Paula Deen a heart attack, but the few occasions I've made them, they've turned out.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:19 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• LOL I just cheat and use Phillsbury!! I love their orange cin. rolls!!! mm now Im craving them
    annabelle092810

Answer by annabelle092810 at 8:19 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• Hmmm then you shouldn't be having trouble with these. They are tedious to make but shouldn't be hard as long as you get the yeast right. Are you using a high sided pan? REAL butter? You cant use margarine or fake butter, you rolling it tight enough? You cant add to much filling in it either. You roll it up, cut them and place them on their side correct?
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 8:20 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• PW? You have a link? If it would give Paula Dean a heart attack then they must be good.
    But_Mommie

Comment by But_Mommie (original poster) at 8:21 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• I will PM you the recipe I use with great results. FOLLOW the directions and I promise they will come out.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 8:22 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• vbruno... I think so. I follow the instructions to a T...I mean I think I do... I guess there is always the chance I missed something ...
    But_Mommie

Comment by But_Mommie (original poster) at 8:22 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• I have had similar problems. I now make monekey bread instead. ( It is so easy and always turns out) To make even better, I boil raisins and add them as well. One of our favorites. :-) I am going to try it with sliced apples next. Do you make monkey bread?
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 8:23 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• Thank you Vbruno. I will try those this weekend and see how it goes! I feel like I should be able to do this lol
    But_Mommie

Comment by But_Mommie (original poster) at 8:23 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• LeJane it has been a long time but I used to all the time. In fact I don't think my DD has ever had it...
    But_Mommie

Comment by But_Mommie (original poster) at 8:24 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• Pioneer Woman's Cinnamon Rolls, containing the recommended yearly allowance for a few of those ingredients, so I've only made them a few times for special occasions.

NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:25 PM on Apr. 22, 2011