How to attach a child to daddy's bike 101 .. help from cyclists needed

my husband just got himeself a new 29 inch mountain bike. Son rides solo (no training wheels!) and they want to go for adventures together with daughter occasionally tagging along. Would PREFER a bike mounted seat as opposed to a drag behind trailer..... however do to her size (age 4 1/2 and weighs 43 pounds) I am not finding any mountable seats since they're mostly geared towards toddlers/older infants. Any thoughts, brand suggestions, etc?

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 8:21 PM on Apr. 22, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• I saw a bike attachment somewhere that was like a bike behind the lead bike but, they were connected. I know that doesn't make sense. We use and trailer and it has done really well with two toddlers in it. We have used it in all terrain.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 8:25 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• Picture of Recalled Bicycle

This is what I am talking about, I have no idea where you would buy it though.

matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 8:40 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• I agree with Matthewscandi- that's the same suggestion I was going to offer. A trailer may go high enough weight wise, but dragging it is really cumbersome. Your child is too old and too heavy for the seat. Even with my 29 lbs 2 1/2 year old, it's really top heavy, and very difficult to maneuver in some ways. Definitely no hills with the seat!! The biking trailer (that looks like a bike) is probably your best bet.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 3:17 AM on Apr. 23, 2011

• Oh, you can find them at a local bike shop or online. Try "bike attachment kids" in the search box and look for that. :)
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 3:20 AM on Apr. 23, 2011