SAHM's....

...do you ever wonder how to stay sane, lol? Don't get me wrong, I love being a SAHM and absolutely adore my son, but sometimes it can be so mentally exhausting. Do you ever feel like you never get a break or a day off? Thinking back to the jobs I had before having my son, I had it so easy and never even knew it, lol.

My son is getting his 2 year molars and has been so fussy. I am just beat right now. Not to mention, I decided today to empty all of our closets and re-organize them. :sigh: What fun that was, lol!

Sorry, whine session over. :)

LovingSAHMommy

Asked by LovingSAHMommy at 8:21 PM on Apr. 22, 2011 in General Parenting

• LOL...yes...I remember when I was working full time before I became SAHM and I thought "Man! I am TIRED of this...I can't wait til my weekend!" Now I look back with envy lol...at least I GOT a weekend before lol
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 8:26 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• There are days that get to me. But I would not change it for anything.
    TeresaM35

Answer by TeresaM35 at 8:24 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• we all have those moments....and you know what ?as soon as you watch him sleep tonight looking like an angel it will all be forgotten...hope you get to relax a little and put your feet up...being a sahm isnt always easy...
    mollysmom212

Answer by mollysmom212 at 8:25 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• Sane? what is that?!!? Can i buy some?!

I wish i could just get a ME day.. just once ! i havent had one since being pregnant with my daughter 4 years ago! .. I don't consider running around for 2 hours doing errands Me time.. :(
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 8:27 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• Oh yeah! I've got 2 at home and sometimes I go crazy! I am actuallt thinking of getting apart time job becaue I need adult interaction! It's not so bad when the weather is nice though. I do enjoy going for walks with them. There are plenty of playgrounds within walking ditance and the farmers market is outdoors aswell.
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 8:29 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• When my kinds were younger it was a lot harder. I went through boredom, depression, loneliness etc. Now that they are older, my youngest is 7 next week, it is so much easier and funner and not at all like it used to be.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 8:30 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• I have only been at this for 3 weeks and my oldest is still in school for 4 more weeks... but so far so good. I haven't had a pull my hair out day yet. I am also thankful that when DH gets home or is off he lets me do my own thing for a while. like we each get the day off for 1/2 the day! Plus my best friend is SAHM as well so sometimes we team up. WE will see how I feel when both kids are home ALL the time
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:42 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• I've learned (so far lol) that having time to yourself AND a good support system.....namely your husband or s/o is essential to keeping sanity lol
    BeachyBabe

Answer by BeachyBabe at 8:46 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• we all have those moments....and you know what ?as soon as you watch him sleep tonight looking like an angel it will all be forgotten...hope you get to relax a little and put your feet up...being a sahm isnt always easy... "

Exactly! I just put him to bed and I know that in about an hour I'll start missing him, lol.
    LovingSAHMommy

Comment by LovingSAHMommy (original poster) at 8:31 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• I wish i could just get a ME day.. just once ! i havent had one since being pregnant with my daughter 4 years ago! .. I don't consider running around for 2 hours doing errands Me time.. :( "

Same here, hon, same here. I never get a "me" day. I wouldn't even know what to do if I did.
    LovingSAHMommy