I am upset right now need to vent

My daughter and I went to my sister in law's house for supper tonight. First of all my husband nephew did not fix enough supper for everyone. If I know that my daughter and I would not have gone to there house for supper. I have a great nephew and great niece that is 9 & 7. My daughter is 23 months old. The two older kids are rough housing and throwing stuff animal around the house. Nobody say anything. So my daughter throw something at my nephew and he comes and tells on my daughter. So I told my daughter to get her coat on and we are going home. I am not going to get onto my daughter for throwing something. When the other 2 kids where doing the same thing. I am getting sick and tired of me getting onto my 23 month old daughter for things when my great nephew and great niece are doing the same thing. I had no problem getting on to my daughter for hitting my nephew with a Halloween pumpkin bucket on his had. I don't understand why the older kids thing is is alright to tell on my daughter when they have been doing the same thing. I am at the point where I don't want to go there for Easter now. This is not the first time this has happen when we have been down there. My daughter and I usually come home like we did tonight. I am out the point where I want to pull my hair out. Sorry this is so long.

TeresaM35

Asked by TeresaM35 at 8:22 PM on Apr. 22, 2011 in General Parenting

• DONT go there then!!! Why aggravate yourself? If they ask WHY you wont come TELL them the reason's. You have VALID reasons and Id avoid them like the plague if I were you.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 8:25 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• Next time, don't just walk out, stand up for your daughter. Tell your niece or nephew that she is doing it because she saw them doing it, then tell whoever they are telling that you saw them doing it. As for the supper thing, when I invite people over I always let my guests get their food first ( I serve the kids before so it can cool) so it would be me who is going without if I didn't make enough ( I have never been in that position though.) sounds like you need to step up and tell whoever that youve had it.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 8:27 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• I totally get you! My children's cousin (who is the same age), hits, pinches, pushes, and grabs (they are all toddlers). I don't say anything but, "Let's all be gentle with each other". But, when one of my kids does the same thing, the cousin's mom jumps all over my kids and says bad things about their character.

It's crazy-making!
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 8:27 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• don't go. spend it just with your family that u live with. tell her that so there is no more drama.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 8:29 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• I'd talk to your husband about how you feel and have them speak to them. If he won't, then speak to them yourself about how you feel, but maybe you shouldn't go over there for Easter and at least give it a little time.

if you do decide to go back, do what I do and bring your own food to places. I do it because of food allergies and the like, but it's up to you how much you want your daughter to have a relationship with these people.

If you decide to no go over there, you may find that they would prefer that you not be there as well. Sorry what happened made you so upset, hope it gets better.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 8:31 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• I don't get if people have problems with their family memebers WHY they HAVE to go there every year and then complain about how everything went wrong. Simply just don't go and SHOW them how you can have your own easter, make it a happy one, its not too late, you got 2 days to put something together.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 8:46 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• I would stay home and celebrate with my daughter without going to this home. The kids sound obnoxious.
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 8:51 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• JST because another child was doing wrong doesnt mean that you should allow your child to do wrong also! Two wrongs dont make a right! YOU are their parent, and you need to teach your child to be a good, resposible, kind person! You are just as wrong as they were~! Sorry but true! Let God teach you how to raise your kids, insteadof being vengeful and blaming the other children for YOU not doing your job!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 6:39 PM on Apr. 24, 2011