Piercing a baby's ears

How young is too young to get a baby's ears pierced for a girl. I've heard the earlier the better.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:13 AM on Dec. 3, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• When she can't ask for it do be done.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:14 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• they will let you at 3months i think but persoally wouldt do it..i was a tom boys many times if i had ear ring would have been riped out..i got mine in 7th grade..it wasnt bad. i think it should be when the girl gets older for her to desided...and for something specail like 16th bday...good grades.etc.
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 1:15 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• Well, I believe that's anytime before 13 years. But that's ME.

Talk to your doctor about it.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:19 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I pierced all of my daughter's ears when they were about 2-3 weeks old. They maybe cried for all about 30 seconds. They weren't old enough to pull them out or tug on them. And they healed so fast-- within 2 weeks.
    bellasrose71008

Answer by bellasrose71008 at 1:37 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I was always told to do it while they were small, though some places won't do it til the baby is atleast 3 months old. I've been meaning to get my 1 mo. old daughters ears pierced so she'll stop being mistaken by a boy when she's wearing pants or a hat lol
    _mommy2b08_

Answer by _mommy2b08_ at 2:29 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• My friend had her daugher's done THE DAY AFTER SHE WAS BORN. She went home from the hospital the next day after she had her baby and took her to the mall. LOL... A real Amazon woman.
    madrigalreject

Answer by madrigalreject at 3:45 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I believe that cosmetic alterations should only be done when the person can ask and consent. But that's me. I just ask that if you take your baby to get her ears pierced that you go to a professional piercer, who is licensed, rather then the mall or something. Go to a piercing or tattoo shop and make sure the person is licensed, and uses a needle rather then a gun.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 7:39 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• mine was 3motnhs but the girl that did her ears had her babys ears pierced at 6weeks
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 8:41 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I would not do it at all until my child could ask for it. That's my opinion.
    richgirljj

Answer by richgirljj at 11:06 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• Oh, and I also would go to a professional licensed piercing place, not the mall or any place like that.
    richgirljj