Why do guys have to own so many wires?

I swear, my husband has boxes full. While organizing and cleaning out our closets this evening, I wanted to scream. He can tell you what each one if for and I can hardly figure out how to hook up our DVD player.

I wanted to get rid of some, but Heaven forbid. If I got rid of the wrong one, he'd have a heart attack, lol. And he's always asking "where is the chord for (insert random electronic or tool)"? I'm thinking, "How the heck do I know? All 10,000 of them look exactly the same!"

LovingSAHMommy

Asked by LovingSAHMommy at 8:53 PM on Apr. 22, 2011 in Home & Garden

• omg i know. my hubby has all these wires for gadgets i dont think we even have anymore!
    KiraStadnik

Answer by KiraStadnik at 8:56 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• My husband is the same way with buiding material. He is a contractor and swears every piece of word, nail, screw, or piece of tile will have a purpose some day. We got our kids new bunkbeds last month and he wanted to keep the fake partical bed pieces from the old bed "just incase he needed them for something" It is so annoying.
    firepony

Answer by firepony at 8:57 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• Mine has a bunch too, for his car system ugh it drives me nuts
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 9:00 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• I don't know. Why do we have to keep every cell phone we have ever owned in a drawer in the garage?
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:01 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• ANd the chargers. We have like 3 MILLION chargers
    But_Mommie

• Im the one in our house with boxes and boxes of adapters and chargers and I DO know what each one is for.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 9:04 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• ANd the chargers. We have like 3 MILLION chargers "

ARG, I know! So do we...and the boxes they go in, with all of the manuals!
    LovingSAHMommy

Comment by LovingSAHMommy (original poster) at 9:05 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• My mom always told me "the difference between men and boys, are the price of their toys" Oh and I do believe if they didn't have so many wires, remotes, ect they wouldn't be to compete with the guys down the road. Kinda like comparing their penis!! lol
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 9:09 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• I'm not big on electronics, so I have no need for them. I bet 90% of the electronics in our home I have never used. My husband tried to buy me an e-book reader and I looked at him like he was crazy. I love books. Why would I need to read them from a screen, lol? I don't even own an mp3 player and he has probably 5, with a million sets of headphones. Even my phone is simple. He keeps trying to buy me a smart phone and I refuse, lol. I have a cell phone to make phone calls, nothing more. I guess I'm not very hip, lol.
    LovingSAHMommy

Comment by LovingSAHMommy (original poster) at 9:10 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• Oh and I do believe if they didn't have so many wires, remotes, ect they wouldn't be to compete with the guys down the road. Kinda like comparing their penis!! lol "

Bahahaha! So true. One of my husband's co-workers will have the newest ipad or whatever and suddenly he has to have the newer, better one. I actually make fun of him for that, lol.
    LovingSAHMommy

Comment by LovingSAHMommy (original poster) at 9:11 PM on Apr. 22, 2011