I breastfeed and formula feed for a week today I went cold turkey when will the engorgement stop?

He's my second child, I'm taking sudafed 12 hrs like one doctor told me, and if my bra wasn;t a e cup i'd be wearing a sports bra. I'm going to buy one tomorrow.

Twokids201189

Asked by Twokids201189 at 9:07 PM on Apr. 22, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Well, I would say that going cold turkey is the worst way to wean....I would wean a lot more gradually than that. However, I do know that cabbage leaves help with engorgement. Just change them out every few hours. Good luck. :)
    ImPhoenix

Answer by ImPhoenix at 9:10 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• My mom bound my breasts with a towel for a day or two and it was over. Bind them tightly.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:12 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• How do I bind them. ? I have to be done with this...Between waking up at night with my lil man and parenting my 3 yr old...The pain has to stop. I'm taking Motrin 800 mg and if i just had a day to look forward to it would help.
    Twokids201189

Comment by Twokids201189 (original poster) at 9:17 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• I answered in the other post, but I'll post here too. Don't bind your breasts, it can lead to plugged ducts and mastitis. Cold cabbage leaves in your bra, with the veins broken, will help dry milk. If possible, do it a little more gradually, and it won't be as severe, but if not, cabbage, motrin, a good bra, motrin, and a few days will help.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 9:33 PM on Apr. 23, 2011