19 month old pitching major fits!

I just don't know how to deal with it to be honest... I mean she will cry for an hour or more at a time if I ignore her... I can distract her and give her things to do and she will be fine for a minute and then remember that she was mad and it starts all over. She's very articulate and will tell me what she wants and if I dont immediately get it she bursts into tears. I'm 8 months pregnant and she will grab my hand and insist that I follow her wherever it is she wants to go, or she will grab my hand and as soon as I stand up she just wants me to hold her...not sit down and hold her, stand up only! I physically can't do that much longer! She is running my house! I just do whatever I can to keep her from crying because I hate to see her upset but its really gotten out of control.
My question is, how do you deal with your child when they have tantrums? Ive never done a time out or anything .

cpuckett27

Asked by cpuckett27 at 9:15 PM on Apr. 22, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I put my 2 yo in his room and tell him when he stops crying he can come downstairs. Usually he stops crying by the time we get to the door of his bedroom. If it's a light tantrum sometimes I just ignore him, but when he's all out tantrumming and it's a power struggle thing - he goes to his room.

Answer by missanc at 9:32 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• How do you keep him in his room? She would just come out...the power struggle would never end!
    cpuckett27

Comment by cpuckett27 (original poster) at 9:51 PM on Apr. 22, 2011