How do I bind my breast to assist with engorgement? So I'm looking at 2-3 days of engorgement?

what is a good place to get a sports bra for an e cup?

Twokids201189

Asked by Twokids201189 at 9:20 PM on Apr. 22, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• you can pump your milk or self express in the shower
    mamawilbur

Answer by mamawilbur at 9:21 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• Don't bind!!! It can cause really bad infections. Express until the pain is gone, not as much as the baby was eating. Warm cabbage leaves placed on your breasts can help. wear sports bras. It should stop the engorgement within about a month. Don't bind!!!!
    Audrice1985

Answer by Audrice1985 at 10:32 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• so am guessing your not bf. just leave them alone. hand express enough to relive the pain. if yoiu bind them you will end up with a breast infection. oh there is also a tea called no more milk. and if you get birth control pills that will dry you ip. colds med dry you up too. sudafed dries fast
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 10:42 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• Don't bind your breasts! It can cause an infection!
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 11:04 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• engorgement will only last a few days... self express a bit to relieve the pressure.... I did this into a bottle and mixed it in my child's formula b/c I didn't want to waste the breast milk. Binding is not recommended!! Talk to your Doc or midwife for more info if needed!!!!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 12:21 AM on Apr. 23, 2011

• I didn't breastfeed either and my midwife told me to bind. I never got an infection.
    mommytoJames512

Answer by mommytoJames512 at 12:22 AM on Apr. 23, 2011

• Don't bind because it CAN cause plugged ducts, which CAN lead to infection, and you want to avoid that, because even if it doesn't happen to everyone, it's very common. Cold cabbage leaves in your bra will dry up the milk, you break the veins and place in your bra until they wilt, then repeat as needed. This is a reason that gradual weaning works best, whenever possible. If it's not possible, I recommend cabbage, motrin if it's painful, wear a supportive and well fitting bra that is comfortable and if necessary, hand express JUST ENOUGH to relieve the discomfort.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 9:27 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• Can someone PLEASE explain the science behind the cabbage leaves??? Everything else makes sense, but the cabbage leaves!!

Anonymous

• Honestly, I don't know the science behind it, I don't know HOW it works, but it does, for some reason. Sorry.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 10:38 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• sears
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 11:29 PM on Apr. 23, 2011