My son is a week I have a crib and travel basinett however, If i put him in my bed to sleep wit me will I regret it?

I hate walking to the changing table and walking down stairs to make bottles if he was next to me my job seems like ti would be easier.

Twokids201189

Asked by Twokids201189 at 9:34 PM on Apr. 22, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• yes! i did that with my first and when i went to transition her to the crib, it was hell lol.
    knicole0708

Answer by knicole0708 at 9:37 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• Can you not put her in the bassinet next to your bed? Seems like you would still have to walk downstairs to make bottles, unless you are planning on breastfeeding.

Answer by missanc at 9:40 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• My DS refuses to sleep in his crib, and I wish this IS NOT how it was (I miss my sleeping space). However, my DS slept beautifully in his crib up until about 8 or 9 mos. I don't know what happened. All of the sudden he awoke everytime I put him in it. I think no matter WHAT you do, babies are going to go through the phases they go through.

My DD slept with me until about 9 weeks of age. She then went to her crib, and I NEVER had an issue.
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 9:40 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• Idk if you'll regret it but I kinda do. My son slept good in his bassinet when we first brought him home but I put him in the bed with me. I felt he was safer there and I had a c-section so it was hard for me to get up and down everytime I needed to feed him or anything. But after putting him in bed with us a couple of times he wouldn't sleep without us. I love the closeness that we have with him and love sleeping with my baby boy but he is 19 months old now and he still always wants to sleep in bed with mommy and daddy. It makes it really hard to get any mommy and daddy time. I've definitely learned my lesson though, so when this baby gets here, she'll be staying in her bassinet lol.
    tiffanynichols

Answer by tiffanynichols at 9:41 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• You will regret it if you roll over on him in your sleep and suffocate him.
    Anonymous

• Before putting your child in your bed with you, please read these tips from First Candle.  This organization is there to prevent SIDS.  Co Sleeping is great--but in their own sleeping space in your room. 

http://www.firstcandle.org/new-expectant-parents/bedtime-basics-for-babies/

layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 9:46 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• makes it easier now but they will mhave trouble sleepn on there own. try both so your child could get use to sleepin by himself
    minki111

Answer by minki111 at 9:54 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

minki111

• I don't think you will REGRET it. It is a wonderful thing you can do. They do will not sleep with you forever, they will move on....and they do.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 10:02 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• I still find I need a 30 minute nap even though my son is almost 3 months old so when I do nap I let him sleep on my chest. other then that I try to lay him in his bed for the rest of the time. You could end up like me and find that your baby has a lot of different preferences for where he wants to sleep at any given time. Mason likes his crib, bassinet, swing, on my chest some times to get to sleep then to his bed and some times he likes a quick nap on my bed while I lay there with him reading.
    angelmine2011

Answer by angelmine2011 at 10:15 PM on Apr. 22, 2011