Anyone get then corticosteroid shots during pregnancy to help develop the lungs and brain, and end up having a baby with heart problems?

At the time I was scared and didn't think about it, but the more I think about it now I wonder if thats the reason she has Pulmonary Vascular Contractions (PVC, extra beats) was because of the shot. Neither of us have any heart issues and it doesn't run in the family either. I got the shot because I was having a lot of back cramping and I was only like 28 weeks, I wasn't have contractions but they did a swab test that came back positive for the possibility of preterm labor. And they said that 99% of people who test negative go full term and 50% who test positive have the baby at least 2 weeks before their due date. Turns out it was a sever kidney infection they didn't find till a month and half later! Anyway my daughter was born 4 days before her due date and with PVC which I only found out a few hours before she was born. Just wondering if it could have been caused by these shots I got because no one noticed it until I was in labor. Shes a happy healthy 8 month old she just needs to go for EKG and 24 heart monitoring every 6 months and no decongestants.

letlovegrow2524

Asked by letlovegrow2524 at 9:37 PM on Apr. 22, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I was in preterm labor at 28 weeks and they were able to stop it. I got those shots. My son's heart is fine.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 9:56 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• i got 4 shots and my ds has no heart problems.
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 10:40 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• I got two shots between 29-32 weeks, by DS was born at 34 weeks, no heart problems.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 11:01 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• I delivered my baby at 28 weeks; I had the shots. My child did not/does not have any heart problems.
    FootballMom85

Answer by FootballMom85 at 8:45 AM on Apr. 23, 2011

• debate and delicate
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 11:26 PM on Apr. 23, 2011