• In the Spotlight:

Anyone else ?

Is anyone else suffering from an eating disorder ? I feel like its one problem after another lately. I suffered from this for years before I got pregnant in 06 with my son. After that, I couldn't diet because I would start obsessing over what I eat ALL over again. For the past month, I haven't paid any attention to what I was eating & actually lost 10lbs. My SO brought to my attention that I wasn't eating much at all. He said he went acouple days without seeing me eat & he thought it was bc of all the cold meds I'm on. Now that I'm aware of that.... I'm back to my old ways. I know its not good for me. I know I need help, but I can't get help right now.  I have too much going on to stop everything to go get help just for my eating disorder. I am talking to my therapist about it though. He's a little help.  I've ate maybe 1,000 calories today (to show my SO that I'm eating) and I've been wanting to purge SO bad its crazy. I've tried in the past & just can't throw up. I'd rather not eat. I feel so gross & so fat... I want to cry.  All I do is think about food all day, every day, but once I eat it .... I feel so gross. I'm like disgusted with myself. I was SO proud of myself for not eating that much & what happened ? My SO made me feel guilty about it & watched me eat.... Ugh!  I want to go for a walk or something, but I can't bc its raining, its cold and its late.  I gotta do something. Any ideas how to help me without professional help since that's not possible right now ? My SO bought me those smartmeals today & is insisting that I eat at least two a day, which will only be like a little over 600 calories a day... IDK.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:40 PM on Apr. 22, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• Are there any outpatient clinics that work on a sliding scale where you are? I assume money is the reason you say you can't get professional help right now. You NEED to take care of yourself before you lead your child into this same problem. You NEED to be eating 1200 calories a day BARE MINIMUM, otherwise you're sending your body into starvation mode, which means you're burning LEAN tissue, not fat, which isn't what you want. Anorexia leads to heart attacks and DEATH. Frankly, saving your life is worth any cost, especially once you have a family. Your kid(s) need you!! Best of luck to you!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:22 AM on Apr. 23, 2011

• You need to ask yourself some tough questions. \
    Is this the example you want to set for your child?
    Do you think women who are anorexic are actually attractive? Look them up online. EEEEEWWWWWW!
    Why is your self worth based on how you look, not who you are?
    What is not eating going to solve?
    Girl, get help. People die from this nonsense!
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 12:53 AM on Apr. 23, 2011

• good luck

mamawilbur

Answer by mamawilbur at 10:08 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• I agree with PP....ask yourself the tough questions and force yourself to face the reality of what you're doing to your body. Even if you can't find a clinic talk to someone.
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 10:30 AM on Apr. 25, 2011