My husband misplaced and can't find my wedding ring that he had, I've decided to withhold sex from him, What do you think of my decision?

Mommylovesu2011

Asked by Mommylovesu2011 at 9:42 PM on Apr. 22, 2011 in Relationships

• how does that help the situation??

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:42 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• VERY manipulative. Its never good to be that dishonest with your DH. Try something else.....like....TALKING TO HIM!!! Tell him how you feel.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 10:02 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• How old are you? It is very IMMATURE to withhold sex over a material object. You need to grow up, be an adult and COMMUNICATE with your husband.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 10:06 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• It's childish and petty, have you attempted to look for the rings yourself? Have you attempted to make it clear to him by talking to him how much its hurting you that you don't have your ring?
    anon1986East

Answer by anon1986East at 10:08 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• Withholding sex is never a good idea.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 9:43 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• Bad decision. I don't think withholding sex is ever okay. Will it solve anything? No.

Answer by missanc at 9:43 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• I don't see how withholding sex will actually help solve this situation. I think there's more to been done than that. For example, talk about how he misplaced his wedding band. Why was it even off his finger ? Does he take it off for work or something ? I know my ex. is an electrican and they aren't allowed to wear any kind of metal. He had to take out his tongue ring & everything. Did he take it off when he was going out with friends or something like that ?  How & when he misplaced it makes a BIG difference. I know depending on the reason, I wouldn't really be up for having sex anyways.  I say open communication & honesty plays a big role in the decision you are faced with right now. Good Luck, Hun.

loudnproud87

Answer by loudnproud87 at 9:50 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• He did it by accident... I could understand if he threw it during a fight.. Or with a negative reason behind it. Then id be very upset. But if it was by pure accident. He shouldnt be punished for it.

It may be hard to understand (pregnancy hormones make you even more sentimental) but im sure he feels bad about it. If the emotional attachment to the ring doesnt bother him, the missing money does. and knowing he upset you, and let him down is likely getting him down even if he doesnt want to say it. he most likely feels like an ass.
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 10:33 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• and this is exactly why I never trust my husband with my wedding ring! ;)
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 10:58 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• If my hubs ever lost my wedding ring I would be upset but instead of yelling at him and getting mad I would turn on the waterworks, start crying and tell him how hurt I am that he could be so careless and loose something that meant so much to me. I would also tell him that he had better find my rings ASAP OR I will take the credit card and buy myself a new (and upgraded) set on payday!
    As for with holding sex... well that is not a good idea and can backfire on you....
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 12:50 AM on Apr. 23, 2011