I have a 15 month old who loves to go on Noggin.com is he to young for the computer?? does anyone else go on this site??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:22 AM on Dec. 3, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• wow my boys are 17months old and dont know the 1st thing about the computer...i am suprise yours does..the only time they see it is when I am on it...
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 1:23 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• He likes to sit on my lap & watch the noggin videos singing only no games he claps his hands he gets so hppy
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:25 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• ok like that i see how..my boys do that to. i play the games for them etc..they way you made it sound was he was on the comp..my dh was like wtf..giggles. yeah we do that.
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 1:26 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I've never heard of Noggin.
    Mine has been using the computer since she was that age (she's now almost 4), and she just loves pbskids.org, and starfall.com. They are very educational!
    We truly believe that the computer is probably THE most important tool in this day and age, so IMO, giving your child a head start on it is a good idea. :-)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:42 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• My son is 2 and a half and he likes to sit with me and check out the playhouse disney website. He too likes to watch the videos and sing along with songs. He is now at the point where I still do the games for him but he helps pick out colors or match objects. I do think it's important to familiarize little ones with computers. Let's face it, they're everywhere and they will be expected to use them in school. I think it is also never too early to start teaching them to limit their screen time. I will play online for a little bit with my son (and not necessarily every day) and then afterwards we'll go run around or play with his wooden trains, etc.
    Abilyn

Answer by Abilyn at 2:40 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I think a lot of those websites are fun! The great part is interacting with your child--something we forget to do sometimes with the TV on in the background. If your kiddo likes it, enjoy the clapping =)
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 3:11 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• My sons are 3.5 and they love to play on the computer. my one son more then the other, the other likes to sit and watch, and point out the things to play with. My son likes to play on jigzone.com. where he can do jigsaw puzzles, but he loves the noggin site for the diego games. I love that he loves the computer. He learns so much just from playing. And i dont think there is too early when it comes the computer. its an awesome learning tool.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:29 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

Purplebutrfly99

Answer by Purplebutrfly99 at 3:29 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• Never been to that site, but my kids love the Giggles for Baby computer games. My husband fixed up an old computer for our son last Christmas, he was about 20 months old and my husband was getting tired of fixing our computers after our son played with them...he's a little hacker :0)
    jms124

Answer by jms124 at 9:09 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I like the site and the channel. For my daughter who is 13 months its a good thing to keep on tv during the days b/c its educational and I dont have to worry about a billion commercials. It actually doesnt drive me to nuts either! The website is good also if I need something to distract her for a few mins. My hubby has been hanging sheetrock , and working on the house so if I need her off the floor for a few mins I will sit her in my lap and watch the stuff on Noggin.com. I personally like it
    kelsbecca619

Answer by kelsbecca619 at 9:58 AM on Dec. 3, 2008