Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

4 Bumps

How many ladies took their baby /ies father for support and how many are just doing it themself....

Or have the support of an SO thats not the bio father?
I did it myself until I met my SO now we do I together, he says no other man is going to raise his baby =) And we have another dd together.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 9:47 PM on Apr. 22, 2011 in General Parenting

Answers (9)
  • There is a child support order in place that my ex husband is supposed to be paying, but he's not - they are his children too, I can't think of why he shouldn't be paying (we go back to court in May). But I raised them without any child support for 3 years, now I'm remarried and my husband's paycheck covers all of us since I'm a SAHM.

    Answer by missanc at 9:50 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

  • The father should absolutely help finacially. I filed for support but unfortunately for me he's a total dead beat. Good luck to you.


    Answer by lee-lee36 at 9:52 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

  • I have two DS, I left their father just about a year and a half ago and up until recently have been doing it on my own...he barely visits and doesnt pay child suport. Infact this year he even claimed BOTH boys on his taxes with out my permission so I didnt get a refund. I just met my SO and we have been dating for 4 months. He has been amazing with my boys...he takes them out to play when I need a few mins of quiet time, reads them bed time stories and ALWAYS comes with us to family events and outings...The boys and I are so lucky to have his emotional support. Keep on keeping on mumma, I know its not easy! Congrats for finding one of the good guys and rebuilding your life.

    Answer by sbenbenek at 9:53 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

  • Child support is for the child. If someone doesn't need it then they should receive it and put it in the bank for the child. It's the child's money. Don't cheat the child out of it

    Answer by admckenzie at 10:02 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

  • I would be sooo pissed if my ex would have claimed her, I think you could prove that tax fraud maybe? Sometimes I think about taking him but i know its a worthless fight. Were making enough that I can also be a SAHM until I start school this fall. Plus I don't want them around her, and I couldn't handle not having her home as much as I need a break sometimes, and hour or two and I want my babies back in my arms. It would break my heart not having her home everyday. He hasn't bothered in 2 1/2 years, he doesn't deserve to get time with my baby.

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:03 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

  • I did it by myself for more than a year, then I got lots of help from my, now, DH. My dd's father wants nothing to do with her, and I can't wait until karma hits him. And it will, for now, we are living our lives and my dd knows my DH as her father and no one else.


    Answer by krissyvelazquez at 11:35 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

  • Even if you went for child support, that does not mean that he would automatically get visitation. They are totally separate issues and one has nothing to do with the other. Even if you never file for CS, if he decides he would like visitation he would most likely be able to get it. If you do file for CS, that doesn't mean he would automatically get visitation. That money is for your child - if you don't need it, put it into an account for her education! My husband makes enough that I can be a SAHM, but that doesn't mean that my kids dad shouldn't be contributing to their upbringing as well.

    Answer by missanc at 8:51 AM on Apr. 23, 2011

  • I don't want his money, and I don't want to ever have to deal with him again. You have no idea what kinda of person he is.

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:08 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

  • I went for support. he tried to scare me out of it but i didn;t listen and he also tried to just provide diapers. which was a great help at the time bu ti needed more for her then diapers. then he kept on threating saying court and courst. she is 2 and he pays when he wants to and he hardly sees her. he is out of state and i am not really worried. he has open invitation for visits but he doesn't bother. i would say get the support for your child. if he tries for visitations so be it but i think support is a responsiblity of both parents for the child.

    Answer by lambdarose at 8:18 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.