Major tooth pain :(

uh... im having this tooth that i think is decaying ( it started at the beginning of my pregnency i took some anitbodics and it stopped hurting)

well needless to say, it is killling me right about now. im in so much pain! i put orajeal on it, and took a tylonal, i dont know what else to do

any ideas?

I'm 33 weeks

juniebug11

Asked by juniebug11 at 9:49 PM on Apr. 22, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I would call your dentist in the morning, and see what he/she can do.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 9:51 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• dental health is very important during pregnancy as a lot of bad infections can start with the mouth. call a dentist asap!
    ArmyWifeAshlie

Answer by ArmyWifeAshlie at 10:00 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• the problem is I dont have a dentist here, and I wish I could find like an emergency 24 hour clinic but theres nothing like that around here, and no dentist office is gonna be open on a saturday, I'm not sure what i should do?
    juniebug11

Comment by juniebug11 (original poster) at 10:03 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• go to the ER
    mamawilbur

Answer by mamawilbur at 10:06 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• It might be pregnancy-related gingivitis. I would be careful with taking Tylenol or any over the counter drug still while pregnant. Try to rinse with a listerine-type mouthwash to help clean the germs but a saltwater solution is probably better while you're pregnant. Make an appointment to see a dentist or your regular doctor.

http://www.webmd.com/oral-health/pregnancy-gingivitis-tumors

hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 10:06 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• I thought about going to the ER, but I dont know if they can do anything. I heard for your teeth they'll just tell you to see a dentist, and ive had probelms with this tooth before, right after i got pregnant but the antibodics helped,... and i have a major phobia of dentist, nothing else bothers me so ive tried to put it off but the pain is unbearable.

I only took one Tylenol, is that ok?
    juniebug11

Comment by juniebug11 (original poster) at 10:09 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• Instead of using Orajel- get some Anbesol- it will quit hurting in a matter of seconds- i promise! you can also use Vanilla Extract but, i'm not sure if you should during pregnancy- it has alot of Alcohol in it- Hope you feel better soon- a Toothache is the Worst!

daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 10:10 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• Although I've never tried it myself someone told me they swish around hydrogen peroxide in their mouth
    Carolannie

Answer by Carolannie at 10:28 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• ok thanks Ladies , i'll try anything!
    juniebug11

Comment by juniebug11 (original poster) at 1:43 AM on Apr. 23, 2011

• Put a clove on the tooth and bite down. The oils in the clove may help releive the pain. But you really need to have a dentist look at it. Find one on Monday and go in. I had to have an emergency root canal when I was pregnant because the tooth was all kind of messed up and my entire head was throbbing. So yeah... get it taken care of!
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 2:00 PM on Apr. 23, 2011