Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

3 Bumps

More info on the employer who is with holding my check.

She also has this little click the girl that did that to my husband and another woman. They go to church with her and they all get the choice of working day shift instead of night and they also all 3 get every weekend off no matter what but if any of us want a weekend off it is out of the question and our jobs were threatened if we asked. She looked down on all of us because not only do we not go to church but we dont go to her church. we worship god in our own time not at work and she will stop in the middle of rush hold hand with her friends so they can pray. She also gives free food to her church group and family but we are not aloud to do that. The owner of the store doesn't even know this she also lets her husband come in the kitchen back in the office whenever he wants even if she is not there. he makes remarks like wait till you gm and I own this store you girls will be hating life. and tries to tell us how to do our job but is not affiliated with Arbys at all. She tells people she is gonna be mean and cut hours back for people she doesnt like to force them out because she doesnt want to fire them. she doesnt have the guts !

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 10:00 PM on Apr. 22, 2011 in Money & Work

Answers (5)
  • What did I miss?

    Answer by mommytoJames512 at 10:02 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

  • It's illegal to withhold a check. I had an employer that tried that bs. I called the U. S. Wage and Hour Board. They called her and within ten min the witch called me and said come get your check. They can shut her down if she does that crap

    Answer by admckenzie at 10:04 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

  • I think I am also missing something. Just go to the Manager or Owner. There HAS to be someone higher up then this person. Oh, and wouldn't they LOVE to know she is giving away free food. Just make sure you have PROOF first.

    Answer by ItsJustMe1017 at 10:43 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

  • call corporate on her, it's illegal to hold a check even if you vandalized something they have to take you to court to get their reimbursement. i once just called the sheriffs dept and they waltzed right into dh job (a resturant) and had it out with the manager in the middle of the store. clients all around, the deputy said she's done it before! so i suggest calling corporate and filing a complaint against her. also it's liability for her dh to be in the back so they might want to know that too.

    Answer by angevil53 at 11:44 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

  • firsst record and or video tape so you have proof then report her as far up as you have to til something gets taken care of

    Answer by flipper4u21 at 8:19 AM on Apr. 23, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.