How can i know if my child have autism r not.

i will like t ask all moms out there who as and autism child since my son act different from my niece and nephew he bumps his head agains anything he makes funny noise screem a lot his 3 1/2 knw but he doesnt talk the way he sopose to he was born 26 weeks premature he gets mad for every little thing i think may b bcause i wants t talk so bad but he cant he as a speech therypist that comes t see him once a week at the house im a single parent working part time to take care of my son its so hard some time when he gets so frostrated please tell me what are the signeds of autism have can i help my little one.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:08 PM on Apr. 22, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• rocking back and forth and yelling for no reason are two that i know of
    mamawilbur

Answer by mamawilbur at 10:10 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• hugsgood luck

mamawilbur

• There are some good websites with information on signs to look for, like:

http://www.firstsigns.org/

http://www.autismspeaks.org/whatisit/learnsigns.php

You should also talk to his doctor about your concerns.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 10:58 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• If, after you check out the websites above, you still think he could possibly be autistic, definitely tell your peditrician you need a referral to a child psychiatrist to have him tested. I am in the process of gettin my son tested for Aspergers syndrome right now and it is a long lengthy process, but in the end knowing the right answers will help you become the kind of parent your child needs most.
    I have felt like a failure of a parent for so long, because I havent known what kind of mom my son needs and now we are all getting it figured out and that makes me very very happy.
    SaturnsMom

Answer by SaturnsMom at 12:36 AM on Apr. 23, 2011

• my son has speech problems with a speech therapists also and we also make up our own sign language to help him because he gets upset when you cant figure out what he wants
    flipper4u21

Answer by flipper4u21 at 2:55 PM on Apr. 25, 2011