Has anyone had a breast reduction and still been able to breastfeed?

I would like to have one but I am afraid I won't be able to breastfeed afterwards.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:40 AM on Dec. 3, 2008 in Health

• my friend did...she had them done but cant get preg until 2yrs after you have it done or they will come back or even bigger....she was a dd b4 sugery...got down to a b then got preg with in a yr...and now like a E she has to have her bras custum made.
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 1:43 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• Talk to the surgeon. If s/he can do it without severing ducts, then you'll be able to nurse.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:53 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• lol mama2twins07! Poor thing!
    bellasrose71008

Answer by bellasrose71008 at 1:57 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I was told that it was a 50/50 shot.. Cause I sure thought about doing it, but decided to wait until I was done having babies..
    Lovingmomma2

Answer by Lovingmomma2 at 2:06 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• i had a friend that had it done and had trouble breastfeeding because 1/2 ducts were taken away with her breasts so she was only making 1/2 the milk of a mother who hadent gotten it done
    Kelli.and.Ellie

Answer by Kelli.and.Ellie at 2:53 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• As a doula, I have had clients that could and then others who could not after breast reduction/augmentation surgery -- it's not going to possible to know until you actually try it.
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 3:06 AM on Dec. 3, 2008