Whats going on here...

Im reading about how to track ovulation by a basil thermometer and fertility friend says that it tracks your progesterone which occurs after you ovulate. So how the heck is that supposed to help me lol? If someone knows then please explain cause I need to know right befor Im ovulating or while and not after. I have not got my period yet so when it comes Im hopeing to start taking my temps using a digital therm. but dont know what to look for exactly.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:40 AM on Dec. 3, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• Basal Thermometer

It is specifically designed to track basal temperature - your temperature ... Ovulation Digital Basal Thermometer LifeAid - Товар был добавлен в наш каталог ...
    www.shopwiki.com/search?q=Basal_Thermometer&sb=
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 1:45 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• Digital Basal Body Thermometer for Ovulation Charting

Our Fairhaven Health Digital Basal Thermometers allow women to easily read their basal body temperature so that they can track ovulation on a fertility ...
    mommybound.com/basal-thermometers/digital-bbt.aspx -
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 1:46 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• Read the book, Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Toni Weschler. It tells you what thermometer to use, how to chart it and what other fertility signs to look for - mainly cervical mucus. I recommend this book to EVERY woman I know.
    richgirljj

Answer by richgirljj at 11:00 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• Charting your temps tracks your progesterone because after you ovulate, progesterone is released which raises your temps, and then when the progesterone goes down right before or during your period, your temps drop as well. Charting temps will only tell you when you for sure have already ovulated. Some people notice a slight drop in temp the day of ovulation, but it's not reliable, and not noticeable for everyone. To know when you're going to ovulate, the best thing to do is chart your cervical mucus (also discussed on Fertility Friend) and/or use ovulation predictor kits. I would still chart temps, too, just so you know when you've ovulated and when you should take an HPT.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 11:19 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• And when you start charting your temps, all you're looking for is a slight (usually about half a degree) rise in your temperature that occurs the day after you ovulate and stays up until you start your period. If you're using Fertility Friend, it will keep track of that stuff for you and tell you when your temp has been up long enough to say that you definitely ovulated on a certain day, etc. Not that hard, and it's great to know for sure when you ovulated, because that way you know for sure when your period should arrive, even if you ovulate early or late.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 11:21 AM on Dec. 3, 2008