Baraitric surgery

i had the weight loss surgery in aug of 09 i had quite a few problems and still do. do any of you have any and if do what

flipper4u21

Asked by flipper4u21 at 11:42 PM on Apr. 22, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• I had RNY in May 2006, and for the most part, have no problems now. What's going on that you need help with? I might be able to help :) My biggest issue now is when I get air trapped in my pouch and wind up burping repeatedly, getting more painful with each one.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 11:45 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• This is part of my problem with so many surgeons - they don't all require counseling past the initial psych consult. It's fairly common for people to have depression and mental issues after surgery because life is so different.

Are you drinking liquids with your food? That could explain why you're not feeling full, unless it's a mental thing where you don't feel full despite being full physically. That would explain the feeling in your chest. I know when I overeat I can feel it backing up out of my pouch, and it's a painful thing for me.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 12:04 AM on Apr. 23, 2011

• Wanted to mention www.obesityhelp.com in case you don't know about it. There are message boards and tons of info there to get guidance and what's normal or not based on your surgery date.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 12:12 AM on Apr. 23, 2011

• Pain for certain foods is normal. A friend of mine had RNY done 10 years ago and still can't handle rice or tortillas. It sounds like they screwed up your surgery - what do they plan on doing for it?
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 12:34 AM on Apr. 23, 2011

• I would see if you could find an actual bariatric surgeon. My surgeon was trained at Duke and has a whole staff that specializes in bariatrics. You shouldn't be in pain at this point. Most surgeons would work with you until they found out what's wrong and then try to correct it! Good Luck!
    tnunley

Answer by tnunley at 2:12 AM on Apr. 23, 2011

• I had RNY last May and haven't had too many problems. I can eat most things :(
    I was getting sick, but that was from eating too much at one time.
    mrsvixen

Answer by mrsvixen at 3:42 AM on Apr. 23, 2011

• instead of feeling full my chest hurts until i get sick which is quite often i starve all the time. i have never felt full since ive had the surgery.and others to mant to name and type i got very suicidal and i never new how much id miss food
    flipper4u21

Comment by flipper4u21 (original poster) at 11:49 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• well they said it was because they tightened my esophogus to tight so they said they were stretching it like three times never helpe3d then i find out they meant the whole where the food leaves your stomach so since that wasnt the problem now they ope3ned it to much and now my food leaves as quick as i eat it even if i dont drink with my food it still does it.it also depends on what i eat if it hurts or not and how much i can eat before it hurts
    flipper4u21

Comment by flipper4u21 (original poster) at 12:13 AM on Apr. 23, 2011

• thank you no i didnt know about it my moms husband had surgery at same time he has like no problems
    flipper4u21

Comment by flipper4u21 (original poster) at 12:17 AM on Apr. 23, 2011

• nothing they dont know whats wrong so i quit dealing with them
    flipper4u21

Comment by flipper4u21 (original poster) at 12:39 AM on Apr. 23, 2011