Dd has discovered herself..

dd has recently discovered herself again...and keeps trying to sit on dh's toes. I'm not quiet sure how to handle this...or how to go about explaining that we don't do that. This has happened twice in the last week, and it is a new development. Any advice? We've told her to stop when she does it, and that we don't do that but I'm not sure what else to do.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:44 PM on Apr. 22, 2011 in General Parenting

• how old is your dd? Is sitting on your dh's toes a problem? is she playing a game??
    ItsJustMe1017

Answer by ItsJustMe1017 at 11:47 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• SheS almost three..and it's the way she's doing it..she's pulling on herself and then trying to sit, like when he's laying in bed and his feet are propped up..I don't think it's a game...and it makes him uncomfortable when she does this.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:50 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• Oh! Not sure about that. I'll bump you to see if anyone else has ideas.
    ItsJustMe1017

Answer by ItsJustMe1017 at 11:53 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• Do you mean as in a sexual way?
    Anonymous

• Thanks itsjustme.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:54 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• Just tell her daddy doesn't like it when she does that, and if she keeps doing it she will be put on time-out. Regardless of the reason, she needs to listen when she is told No.
    She's too young to understand any explination about what she's doing. I babysit a 3-year-old girl and she does similar things.
    MommyKKay

Answer by MommyKKay at 11:55 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• I don't know..I'm not really sure how to explain..of course it's not in a sexual way, I wouldn't even know where she would have picked up on that from. It's just very akward when it happens and we'd like to get it stopped.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:56 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• that doesnt sound like simple childhood exploration, most kids just play with the outside because it feels good, if she is trying to mount his toes for penetration,. she learned that from someone and you should have her checked out by a dr, and btw, genital discovery happens early,, around a year, so I would definately see if she will tell you something and have her checked
    shivasgirl

Answer by shivasgirl at 11:57 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• Actually....this does happen. I learned this in one of my classes. Children do do this..it doesnt matter how old she is. She may or may not have learned it from anyone else.And honestly MOST LIKELY NOT from anyone else. She's just exploring and figured out things feel good. Remember humans are made to be sexual its how we work. But she doesn't know that it is bad or just not something you do like that. You just need to ask her WHY she does it...and if she says it feels good...be like it's okay to do that but you can not do that with anyone else but yourself and in your room with privacy. It's actually bad to say that it is bad and she shouldn't do it. Don't shame her for it because it will cause psychological problems later.

This is just from what I learned...You can try it if you want. Hopefully it'll work.

My mom is a 2nd grade teacher and she has had problems with girls in her class doing similar things (not with others
    Keeely07

Answer by Keeely07 at 12:05 AM on Apr. 23, 2011

• Though and she talked to the parents and they said theyve tried talking to her as well. So when my mom noticed she was doing it she would just say her name and just look at her or take her to the side and say remember...we don't do that in class only had home in your own privacy.

It's a tough thing to deal with. But it'll pass. Just make sure you talk to her about it and why she does it and the reasons she shouldn't do it in public.
    Keeely07

Answer by Keeely07 at 12:06 AM on Apr. 23, 2011