Do you have your tv above the fireplace?

Asked by staceybelly9 at 11:52 PM on Apr. 22, 2011 in Home & Garden

• no, mostly because It's brick and we can't mount the TV with out destroying it.

Answer by hali23 at 11:54 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• No. I wish I had a fireplace tho.

Answer by firepony at 11:56 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• In my old house that I lived in (when I was young) we had a custom built house and my dad really wanted one above the fireplace. So we got it. We also had doors that went over it too.

Answer by Keeely07 at 11:59 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• No, we have a picture of Scarface above our fireplace. But our tv does have it's own room. Our tv room.

Answer by SeasideNative at 12:01 AM on Apr. 23, 2011

• I wish I had a fireplace! lol A frind of mine has hers above it though.

Answer by tnunley at 2:05 AM on Apr. 23, 2011

• No, but I'd really like to! My husband isn't sure that the temperature of the area would be good for a TV, so we don't.

Answer by SWasson at 8:16 AM on Apr. 23, 2011

• No. Can't hang one there without destroying the brick of the fireplace.

Answer by Anonymous at 8:30 AM on Apr. 23, 2011

• Yes. We were concerned about the temperature as well, so we did research and consulted with a tv expert a few years back. It is a plasma flat screen and it is has been fine there, even when we have a roaring fire going.

Answer by spottedpony at 8:58 AM on Apr. 23, 2011

• No, we do not, I have 2 antique clocks on the mantle and some family paintings above.

Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:28 AM on Apr. 23, 2011

• We don't. My husband wanted to mount the TV over the fireplace but I just felt it was not good for the TV.

Answer by ceciliam at 10:13 AM on Apr. 23, 2011