Any one know where an ex felon can find employment? In 2001 in was charged with possesion of a controlled substance. I had trouble getting through my 6 month felony drug court. It took me 3 years and i ended up having a criminal record. This has haunted me since. I do clerical work but am willing to do other work but it seems no one wants someone who has a record! Any suggestions? I am in the process of have it espunged but in the mean time i am soo broke.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:44 AM on Dec. 3, 2008 in Money & Work

• serving thats all i know...hell they dont even test for drugs...tips are ok depending on what resturant...or a cleaning service...sorry thats all i know.
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 1:47 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• Start your own business or sometimes food and waitressing
    sweetest-sin7

Answer by sweetest-sin7 at 2:26 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• A lot of times they ask if it has happened within the last 7 years and since it happened in 2001, I would say no! If they do a background check, you will have to sign a waiver before they can run it and I would wait til you see that waiver before you "fess up". If you do have to have a background check, be up front with what the charges are...My degree is in HR and I know that a lot of employers could give a rats patootie about drug charges (especially really old charges) if you can pass a drug screen. They are much more concerned about theft and violent crimes.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 8:56 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• Remember they are people too! Even though I dress all professionally now, there wasn't a drug I didn't do in college! People all have pasts and if everybody that has ever done drugs got caught, we would all be in trouble!
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 8:58 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• My hubby is in the same boat as you! He does telemarketing. Try resturants, WAH Jobs sites like Momportunity.com, or look in to a home business (but those take $$).

Just keep applying EVERY WHERE!!! the worst they can say is no... Don't give up and you'll find something!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:18 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• my brother is also in that boat. waiting for it to be exponged... he works for my dad. if your family /friends.have businesses try that.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 11:52 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• Ley Tomorrow Start Today

Being an Avon Rep. isn't only about selling a premier beauty brand - it's about taking charge of your life. Be your own boss, set your own schudule - and get ready to make tomorrow's dreams come true today! Are you ready to empower your life, create an exciting new career, and make more money than you ever thought possible? Join the 5 million Rep.'s worlwide who are using Avon's simple, proven process for financial and personal success.

Contact me today and start living the life you deserve.
    Terryn2069

Answer by Terryn2069 at 7:31 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• Part-Time or Full-Time Customer Service Representative Needed

If you are a self-motivated self starter who enjoys working from home, then we have a job for you.
    This position requires you to have a quiet place to work, phone, and computer with internet.
    You would be gathering customer information, access their needs, and set-up new accounts.
    You can be flexible with your schedule, but consistent. No experience necessary, will train.

Serious Inquiries only: sherlyndav@gmail.com
    SLPERRY

Answer by SLPERRY at 9:03 AM on Dec. 4, 2008