At what age are kids to old to hunt easter eggs??

my step son (10) and step daughter(8) mother says they are too old to hunt easter eggs. she doesnt want them to hunt them this year. i say if they want to its ok and that she shouldnt be able to dictate what goes on at my house.

esmith1984

Asked by esmith1984 at 12:18 AM on Apr. 23, 2011 in Tweens (9-12)

• Seriously? Is the Mom jealous that they will be at your home and having a good time? Maybe she's never done that for them.

Crazy!!! Yes, if it is your home, do what you want. Afterall, it's not like your letting them do something bad.
    ItsJustMe1017

Answer by ItsJustMe1017 at 12:21 AM on Apr. 23, 2011

• for real youve got to be kidding me first of all its your house 2nd of all theres no ? they r definately young enough still hell my 15 and 12 yr old still do it now at first they help younger kids but then they do some also
    flipper4u21

Answer by flipper4u21 at 12:25 AM on Apr. 23, 2011

• She's jealous... who cares how old you are!!
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 12:26 AM on Apr. 23, 2011

• I think they should be able to do it as long as they want to. My brothers used to hide eggs for us. As we got older, they found more challenging places to hide them. It was so fun!
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 12:28 AM on Apr. 23, 2011

• i still hunt easter eggs. i hide them for my son..then he hides them for me. i will say if its a community thing there should be an age limit though unless they have it broken up in age groups
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 12:29 AM on Apr. 23, 2011

• I did an egg hunt until I moved out at 18 :) You are not too old...ever. My girls are 6 and 8 and they will be doing one.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 1:09 AM on Apr. 23, 2011

• When they're not interested any more. What harm is there in big kids doing an easter egg hunt?
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 8:13 AM on Apr. 23, 2011

• Never?!

She sounds like a grumpy person...who cares if they have an egg hunt! My kids are 17 and almost 15 and would still do one!
    she is being rediculous
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:39 AM on Apr. 23, 2011

• my kids are 16, 14, and 10 and will wake up and look for plastic eggs in the house.

of course the eggs will have cash and not candy... but they still love doing it
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:59 AM on Apr. 23, 2011

• 3 years
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 11:52 PM on Apr. 23, 2011