My 2 year old was addicted to ch. milk but i had to cut him back but now he wants juice all the time, i mix it with water but what is a good juice to buy that is good for him?, something with low sugar

martinsmom2008

Asked by martinsmom2008 at 12:24 AM on Apr. 23, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It's really up to you. There is no juice that is really good for him. It's a lot of sugar, even the 100% natural stuff. Fruit is comprised of a lot of sugar so low sugar is kind of misleading. It is better for him to eat a piece of fruit. He'll get the fiber and other nutrients along with the sugars.

You are the mom. As hard as it is to go through the tantrums and I want, I want. You have to decide what you want for him. If you want him to drink milk and water only, then you will have to deal with some disappointments and probably not easy ones. If you want to give him some juice, then look for something with pulp and fiber, like orange juice. The clear juices really have nothing going for them except empty calories.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 12:37 AM on Apr. 23, 2011

• I only give mine small amounts of juice and when they get it, it's mixed about 50/50 water and juice... and only purchase 100% juice.

My kiddos mostly drink water now. They don't even know there are other options because that's what I give as a rule and for special they may get sugar free kool-aid or milk or soda.

Good luck! My son went thru that and after him I decided water would be the rule for the next kiddos who followed after him. LOL
    AAAMama

Answer by AAAMama at 12:26 AM on Apr. 23, 2011

• thanks for the good tips everyone
    martinsmom2008

Comment by martinsmom2008 (original poster) at 12:59 AM on Apr. 23, 2011

• try the frozen juice concentrates, that way you dont add any sugar!
    DLCarter2011

Answer by DLCarter2011 at 5:12 AM on Apr. 23, 2011

• I started my daughters drinking water from an early age. Juice was reserved for a treat, once or twice a week. I always used Juicy Juice and watered it down a little. Now they're bigger and they LOVE to drink water, because that's what they're used to. Better try to nip this sweet tooth in the bud, mama!
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 5:55 AM on Apr. 23, 2011

• i know i need to i am doing it thanks :)
    martinsmom2008

Comment by martinsmom2008 (original poster) at 12:51 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• My son was addicted to choco milk.. He is not even 2 yet and had such bad cavities he had to get two teeth pulled and two teeth crowned- he has those teeth pulled and crowned at 14 mos and had been on a sippy cup since 8 mos before he even had his first two teeth in compleatly. I would be extreamly careful mama, your treading dangerious waters with the chocolate milk and juice. I just pray to God you don;t put himto bed with it
    JnCV

Answer by JnCV at 10:37 PM on Apr. 24, 2011