• In the Spotlight:

Gas Bubbles!?!?! :(

OK, Mom's...give me some ideas on how to get rid of my 6 wk old DDs nasty gas bubbles....they are keeping her and I both up!

cristie1276

Asked by cristie1276 at 1:50 AM on Dec. 3, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Mylicon seems to be the most popular brand, though there are generics of them as well. The brand I have is called Little Tummies (I think), someone gave me a New Parent's Survival Kit at my shower and they were in it. :)
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 2:10 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• Aren't there some over the counter gas drops? I was thinking the same thing today, because my daughter has had alot of gas today. My sister recommended the drops. I have never seen them though, but I am going to look for them tomorrow. But I will keep looking at this post to see the other recommendations.
    bellasrose71008

Answer by bellasrose71008 at 2:06 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• Bottle fed or breastfed?

Make sure you're taking breaks while feeding to burp her, and then try to keep her upright for ten minutes after eating. Walking around with her up on your shoulder might help work some bubbles out.

When all else fails, I use gas drops! I don't like to medicate when it's not necessary, but they work fabulously!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 2:07 AM on Dec. 3, 2008