It may seem like a silly question

But would you be upset if your SIL or other close relative had a due date very close to your's, Especially if you aren't really close and have drasticly different views on birth and etc so wouldn't really bond very well on it?

lizziebreath

Asked by lizziebreath at 12:58 AM on Apr. 23, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Probably would depend on the day I was having. I doubt that it was purposly to take away from your pregnancy, but I definitely had crazy days that I got mad or upset about everything. So it may come up on days like that but no not really.
    VBM7287

Answer by VBM7287 at 1:01 AM on Apr. 23, 2011

• This has happened with me a couple of times but with a best friend.
    I have had delicious-natural waterbirths while my friend had unnecessary cesareans--

To each her own.
    We do what we can, strive for the best.

If your friend/SIL needs to do things her way for her then she must need this for some "reason."
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 2:17 AM on Apr. 23, 2011

• it did at first my sister in law got pregnant like 2 weeks before i got my positive but she is due the 2nd of december and i am due the 13th of december
    sissy852

Answer by sissy852 at 3:22 AM on Apr. 23, 2011

• A girl I know (an ex of my fiance) intentionally got pregnant shortly after she found out I was. Very upsetting...
    HippieontheMoon

Answer by HippieontheMoon at 5:25 AM on Apr. 23, 2011

• Why concern yourself with thing that are out of your control? It is what it is. Don't let it steal any joy away from your pregnancy and birth!
    lau55

Answer by lau55 at 9:10 AM on Apr. 23, 2011

• It's a weird feeling that doesn't really make sense, buuuut I get it. My brother in law's girlfriend finally mentioned something about being pregnant when she was 8 weeks along. She already has a baby under a year old who's behind on a lot (probably due to the pot smoking, alcohol drinking, crappy food, and extreme amounts of caffeine she consumed while pregnant). My husband and I had been trying to conceive for over 6 months when we found out that it had finally happened, her's was just because they're too lazy to use birth control. I have felt SO incredibly lucky to be having our second baby (not to mention we now get to have one boy and one girl!), so my views are completely different from her. I follow the rules with no smoking, never did anyway, no drinking, and have very limited amounts of caffeine. I feel like we deserved the positive attention more and that when she told everyone that she was pregnant again...CONT
    ours

Answer by ours at 10:32 AM on Apr. 23, 2011

• my cousin and i are due 10 days apart we arent really close at all so it doesnt bother me or her. But i can totally understand where u are coming from.
    mommie_of02

Answer by mommie_of02 at 10:33 AM on Apr. 23, 2011

• CONT...that she was taking away from our time. It's stupid, but I can't help it. :[ I'm still excited about a new baby addition to the family because I love kids, but just see her pregnancy much differently from mine. We could be bonding since we're both pregnant, but it just doesn't work that way. We weren't close before, she knows I don't agree with how she treats her body while pregnant, so it wouldn't make sense to be close now.

I know that was long, but I'm just letting you know - I get it!
    ours

Answer by ours at 10:36 AM on Apr. 23, 2011

• I wouldnt concern myself with bonding with her. My SIL is now preg and due in Nov. and my DH thinks it should make us closer and in reality.. it doesnt. Because this is her 2nd and my 1st anytime I say something she doesnt agree on she lets it be known. She didn not like that I found out what we were having she made me feel as if I ruined the surprise. To each their own is right... so no I dont think oyu need to bond with her. And as for the due date being close.. just do you.. dont stress over her!
    annabelle092810

Answer by annabelle092810 at 10:37 AM on Apr. 23, 2011

• My cousin and I are due on the same day.She is pregnant by my bf brother and I think she hates that I'm getting attention too.Their family wanted to have our baby shower together but she is like thTS TOO many people together.We used to be close till I got pregnant lol
    prdVirgobby

Answer by prdVirgobby at 3:18 PM on Apr. 23, 2011