Do men ever give you creepy looks when you are breastfeeding?

Uugh! Today I had to pull over on to the side of the road because the baby was screaming of hunger. Anyway, I started feeding her and I didn't realize that I had an audience. I wasn't exposed or anything. I didn't have a blanket covering me, but I wasn't showing anything. Anyway, suddenly my older daughter notices that there are two men, looking out of their window just watching and making some weird gestures. Anyway, this has happened before and I find it just straight out creepy. It's like they are hoping that they will see something.

bellasrose71008

Asked by bellasrose71008 at 1:54 AM on Dec. 3, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• They probably were.

Me, I'd have flashed 'em. With the doors locked, of course.

But that's me. I find that calling people on things makes them get embarassed and they back down.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:58 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• lol, gdiamante. How funny. That would have horrified my older daughters. And then I live in a small town, I'll get to be known as the town flasher! Lol!
    bellasrose71008

Answer by bellasrose71008 at 2:02 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• Some might be, but they might just also find it very distracting when someone is breastfeeding in front of them, I sure do! I pump whenever I'm going to be out in public with my son, or I'll go somewhere private. At the very least, like if I'm in someone's home, I'll cover with a blanket. While they may not be able to see the whole thing, they're seeing an awful lot, just as much if not more than a woman would show in a low-cut top, ya know? Breastfeeding is not a sexual thing, but breasts are primarily viewed as a sexual organ, so people are going to have a hard time NOT starting!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 2:03 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• Thats f'in gross of them to stare. IMO breastfeeding is a beautiful thing and for some people to just pervert it is plain disgusting...

Makes you wonder how much action they're getting if they have to stare at a nursing mother
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:17 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• That's what I was thinking.
    bellasrose71008

Answer by bellasrose71008 at 2:20 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• i would never breastfeed infront of people, not even infront of my husband. lol I would lock the door....
    but i'm sure what you went threw on the road was very uncomfortable. I would of told him "yes may I help you" lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:04 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

me too...
    kimaam

Answer by kimaam at 3:06 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I had that happen to me on Saturday. I was in the parking lot at Target in my car and this man walked right past my window staring in the whole time. It was creepy. He didn't slow down and stare like that until he noticed I was nursing a baby. Made me wish my husband was with me.
    childrengalore

Answer by childrengalore at 3:36 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• You don't breastfeed in front of your husband? My boyfriend thinks its so beautiful to watch us bond he thinks its sweet. So I don't mind when he watches. And he used to be against it before I had the baby because he didn't want to "share" hahaha!
    madrigalreject

Answer by madrigalreject at 3:36 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• My husband has a creepy ass friend named Adam that does anything he can to be near me when I nurse my newborn. Even try to follow me into the BEDROOM!!! Have you ever seen the Green Mile? If you have, remember the part where Wild Bill is looking at those little girls with that obsessive creepy smile? That's what he looks like when he sees me breastfeeding my son or when he's just looking at my son. I get child molester vibes from him......
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 4:22 AM on Dec. 3, 2008