Odd question

I have a really odd sensation on the right side of my neck near my lymph nodes. It doesnt hurt but it feels like something is their? My neck doesn't hurt at all. Just feels almost like I don't know a hugging sensation? Somethings not right at all. My son was saying it could be my thyroid,but I'm just not really sure about that. Anyone with thyroid problems wanna gimme a heads up,like do you feel strange sensations in your neck area? I hope the feeling goes away in the morning ugghh am gonna try a hot shower.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:04 AM on Apr. 23, 2011 in Health

• Where is the feeling? Your thyroid gland is in the center of your neck and low. Beneath the adams apple. If you do not feel your neck bulging when you swallow some water in that lower area....not the adams apple but below, then its probably not your thyroid gland. If it more on the side it may be a swollen lymph node/gland which could indicate an underlying infection. Either way go get it checked by your general practitioner. Hope you feel better
    DDWay

Answer by DDWay at 1:12 AM on Apr. 23, 2011

• doesnt sound like its my thyroid then
    I think its might be my lymph nodes like you said. My ears have been bothering me a ton lately and now this.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:13 AM on Apr. 23, 2011

• Definately could be an ear infection then.
    DDWay

Answer by DDWay at 1:16 AM on Apr. 23, 2011

• Since its Saturday I would google it or check out webmd.com. If the sensation continues to get worse I would go the emergency room. But come first thing Monday morning I would be calling my doctor.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 11:06 AM on Apr. 23, 2011