You're Kidding Me, Right?

Why do people who you have deleted as your friend on CM or FB (or anywhere else) insist upon being a butt about it? Even when you aren't even friends?

A girl I graduated with 20 years ago is currently having a fit that I deleted her from my FB friends...two months ago. And, what's worse, is that she is doing this responding to a comment I gave to a post of a mutual friend about coloring Easter Eggs tonight. We didn't hang out, not even sure we said more than 100 words to each other in high school. I didn't like this girl 20 years ago and, from what I can tell, she hasn't changed one bit and so I don't like her today.

So in one of my deleting frenzies, bye-bye she went. Now she's whining that she thought "facebook was about finding and having friends and keeping in touch , not deleting friends." Does she seriously think she's making me feel guilty for deleting her? If nothing else, she's reminding me why I finally deleted her to begin with.

Sorry, I guess that was more of a rant than anything...but really, how do you deal with people coming back asking why you deleted them?

AllAboutKeeley

Asked by AllAboutKeeley at 1:26 AM on Apr. 23, 2011 in Technology

• I don't deal with people acting childish like that. If she is a bother to you and causing you stress, just block her. That way she can not send you messages or see any posts you post on mutual friends' pages. I have had to do that to a few people as well. Some times people can't deal with rejection.
    hooahreg

Answer by hooahreg at 2:08 AM on Apr. 23, 2011

• I make it a priority that I only invite friends on my face book acct. I do understand what you're saying though. Sounds to me she wants to be a part of your life and doesn't know how to be a friend.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 1:39 AM on Apr. 23, 2011

• Well, you have three choices: 1) ignore her 2) confront her and 3) pretend. Option 3 would be saying "Oh, I'm sorry, it was a mistake, I was in a deleting frenzy, blah blah blah." Ok, obviously I wouldn't vote for #3. Option #1 should make her go away, but it may not be the nicest thing to do... Option #2 could be as simple as saying, "No offense, please don't take it personally, but I have decided to reserve my Facebook connections for only my closest friends. I hope you understand." Then if she responds, then ignore her. Good luck.
    RobotLady

Answer by RobotLady at 2:29 AM on Apr. 23, 2011

• This sounds really silly but I feel like I'm going to make someone angry if I delete them. Just like the girl you speak of! Who cares really? I would never publicly whine about it. She looks like a fool. I just make it as to where on my home page I hide all posts from the users I don't want to hear about.
    txnmomof4

Answer by txnmomof4 at 3:25 AM on Apr. 23, 2011

• Sounds like grade school to me. She's immature and that alone would be reason enough to delete her.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 11:04 AM on Apr. 23, 2011

• sounds to me as if she is just immature and wants everything her way and when someone doesn't do things her way she throws a hissy fit. That alone would be factor enough to delete her you can add her to your blocked list also and then she cannot contact you
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 1:36 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• Kathy, if I truly believed that to be the case, I never would have deleted her in the begin with, but she just wants to have all the HS alum as her friends. She was always the "look at me cross eyed and I'll kick your butt" and "I'm so much more tough than you are" in HS and she hasn't changed that I can tell. Yeah, no desire to be friends with someone like that.

Update though...The person whose page she started this on deleted me as their friend. That kind of bugged me, but I certainly won't confront her about it on someone elses page.
    AllAboutKeeley

Comment by AllAboutKeeley (original poster) at 9:43 AM on Apr. 23, 2011