Does anyone else feel this way or am I just easily embarrassed?

It seems like everytime I go to buy new bras or panties there is always another mom there shopping with her teenage son. It feels so awkward for me to be looking at bras with a boy there hanging around. It always feels like he is looking at my boobs and what I am buying for them. It doesn't seem necessary for moms to go bra shopping with their older son. I was just wondering if it makes other women uncomfortable to have other people's (older) sons in the bra and panty department.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:56 AM on Dec. 3, 2008 in Shopping

• nope i am sure i will be there one day with my boys...its natural well the human body is that is how i see it..i dont freak to often about things like that.
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 2:00 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• Someone can get a teenaged male into a lingerie department? I thought they developed allergies to that section upon puberty. At least, so my husband claims. He hyperventilates near Victoria's Secret!

Answer by gdiamante at 2:01 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• What teenage boy doesn't want to hang out in the lingerie!? Every guy I knew in high school practically got off looking at the women's underwear!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:04 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• no not really , they are just garments of clothing at the end of the day ,and besides he is more likely to be the embarassed one ,that mum is bad , poor kid he prob doesnt know where to look himself , I would nt put my son through that , he is old enough to stand at the end of the underwear department thats what I do with my son who is nearly 14 I say just wait there whilst I look over here a minute , dont feel shy next time ,pretend they are not there ,
    loulou332

Answer by loulou332 at 2:07 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I'm thinking that maybe you grew up without brothers? Doesn't bother me at all but we were 5 kids.
    Avon_Calling

Answer by Avon_Calling at 2:16 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• It doesn't bother me at all. But then again I was the only girl in my house growing up. My dad and older brother took me shopping for my first bra. And anytime I needed a new one until I was old enough to go myself. So men in the underwear department is not that odd to me. Now I take my husband with. He's awesome at picking out the cute AND comfortable bras!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:25 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• It doesn't really bother me. If a male is in V.S. then he must want to be in there. I take DH with me all the time. Since he will be looking at what I am buying I like having him there.
    crystac

Answer by crystac at 9:56 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• just stare at them like they dont belong if they bother you.... that will get them to back off.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 11:38 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• Naw, I'm not embarassed. He's probably more embarassed than you are. And if his mom drags him into the bra department, then I bet she picks out his underpants and checks out his crotch on his jeans to see if they fit before she buys them. THAT'S embarassing.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 7:09 AM on Dec. 26, 2008