Did you have a disastrous wedding day?

Mine went wrong right from the beginning. The people that were supposed to help me didn't, got lost from the chapel to the reception, forgot the wedding rings and the cd with "the song" at home, the fire department showed up because of a smoke machine, my parents bitched the whole day and I ended up cursing them out horribly and crying on my wedding day. Not to mention I got my period that nite so no wedding nite sex. This was in 2008 and I constantly dream of having another wedding day. One day I will renew my vows and it will be different, I hope. What's your story?

GomezMami2908

Asked by GomezMami2908 at 1:28 AM on Apr. 23, 2011 in Relationships

• Mine wasn't too bad, just a few mishaps. My fiance (husband now) showed up late. People were being seated without programs because he had them. The weather was crummy, but we asked for that since we picked the date and knew the weather could be crummy. The worst thing that happened was as we were about to go into dinner at the reception, a guest spilled red wine on my dress! Dinner was delayed about 20 minutes while some of the bridesmaids tried to salvage my dress. Club soda? Please... One of the quick thinking bridesmaids ran back to her room and got some hair spray. A few spritzes later, I breathed a sigh of relief and we started the reception. Overall I was happy.

Look at it this way, there are a lot of details and many things can go wrong. If you focus only on the negatives, you will miss the positives. I know you want a re-do, and some day you may get one, but whose to say the re-do won't be worse?
    RobotLady

Answer by RobotLady at 2:15 AM on Apr. 23, 2011

• well, i did not have a disastrous wedding day, but the night before was one of the WOREST nights of my life, my IL's dont live here, but they were visiting.... so we go to the movies with them, and on the way home its just DH and I, we end up fighting about families ( and whos done what , and who wanted what) We get into this huge fight and he pulls over ( by then we;re in our hometown) he says hes gonna walk to his friends house because hes so mad, he said he didnt even wanna get married , its in the middle of dec. and freezing cold, i get upset, and i KICK OUT yes kick out our windshield, it shattered and glass went everywhere.......

By then we ended up having to work together because the next day we were gonna have to leave for our short little honeymoon.
    Now we sit back and laugh about it, but it was a very bad night...... lol

Sorry your wedding day went so bad!
    juniebug11

Answer by juniebug11 at 1:47 AM on Apr. 23, 2011

• Well, we didn't even want a wedding but our parents passive-aggressively coerced us into having one (we're both first-born kids). My mother didn't like the dress I wanted and insisted on making my dress and it ended up being ass-ugly and two sizes two big. The caterers screwed up and dinner was 45 minutes late. My parents fought like cats and dogs the whole time. My husband's little brothers were acting out. My sister showed up dressed like a Saigon whore. My mother called my MIL "Arkansas white trash" loud enough for the folks who live in little mud huts in darkest Africa to hear. The cake was incredible though, my sisters made it and it was delicious and beautiful. All the out-of-town guests ended up crashing at our place, so no wedding night sex, and at that point we'd never even had sex with each other yet, so that was kind of annoying. We did go on our dream honeymoon a year later, and that made up for plenty.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 8:38 AM on Apr. 23, 2011

• Nothing disastrous but there were a few annoyances.

We had an afternoon wedding and I guess the rabbi came right after lunch because he had a stain on his tie that I couldn't help staring at and not keep my mind off the whole time.

During the reception, one of the servers came to my table, pointed at the cake table and asked if I wanted to throw away. There were some plastic cups all over the table from our champagne toast so I though she meant those. No she meant the cake and ended up throwing the cake away. We won't have cake to freeze and eat for our 1 year anniversary.

About 1/3 of our guests (we only had 48, including kids) didn't bother giving us a card or a gift.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 11:15 AM on Apr. 23, 2011

• It rained so hard it looked like midnight at 3pm. The roof leaked, the power kept going off in parts of the building and the radio/cd player wouldn't work at all. But my wedding night, well, weekend was fantastic. Except for the massive case of hives I got because of the stress (that's what happens to me). Then my dh had to go back to AIT for a few more months. We've been married 19 years now. So, for those who think rain is an omen...
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 11:43 PM on Apr. 27, 2011