I feel helpless.... i don't know what to do.

Tonight i took my daughter to Childrens Mercy because of the signs of seizures that she was having. I waited in the room for 2 hours just for a doctor to basically tell me they were going to do nothing about it.

All my life i have always got the shit end of the stick..i had a really f***ed up childhood... and it made me extremely depressed. I literally had noone but myself. And after meeting my husband and having my daughter...my baby girl is my whole entire world. I would not be able to live without her. She is everything to me. And i know something is wrong with her.... and i hate that ppl are so fucking greedy that they would rather convince you to come to them just for your money then to actually help you.
Monday she is going to see another doctor who will monitor her brain... i just want to know whats happening. Because each time she has an "episode" I feel like im going to lose her any second.
It scares me so much.
I wish the doctors didnt look at me like i was crazy, stupid, or overreacting. I know my baby. And she is not being herself...something is not normal.

I feel helpless. It seems like no matter what, i always end up gettin the shitty end of the stick. After having her, all i wanted to do was take her home and enjoy having my new baby girl...but back to the hospital, where they treated her for a bad skin infection. I know it could be much much worse...im sure there are moms who have had it soo much worse. But that doesnt mean i can't vent about how i feel about what im going thru.
I love my baby girl so much....I hope we can figure out what is wrong with her.

Since the hospital, i just been in a daze. Like i feel completely helpless. My own research was more helpful then this doctor. They didn't even try to find out what was wrong with her. Just wasted time. I just been in this complete daze. I dont even know where to begin about how i feel. So many things are going thru my head...maybe i just need some sleep.

I hope we can find out what is going on soon.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:38 AM on Apr. 23, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• pediatric neurologist...
    girlglow6

Answer by girlglow6 at 1:42 AM on Apr. 23, 2011

• Thats who i am seeing monday
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:42 AM on Apr. 23, 2011

• I'm sorry. I know how it feels too. It took four months of me saying something was wrong with my baby before someone actually listened to me. I spent four months of being told nothing is wrong with her, she just has gas or needs to poop, or I probably did drugs while I was pregnant. Come to find out I was right.

Why listen to us, we're only the MOTHERS of OUR children. It's not like we would know anything about them at all.
    mrsziemann

Answer by mrsziemann at 1:57 AM on Apr. 23, 2011

• God bless your family hope everything is alright.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 2:03 AM on Apr. 23, 2011

• I know I hate when people say I could be worst or everything will be fine! How the hell would know? Only God knows! So to you I say keep on it as much as possible, get organized, and like your doing already research research research, that's what Dr's do anyway, and go to as many professionals as you can to get the bottom of it! persistence pays off! HUGZ!!!!
    SMITxsM2

Answer by SMITxsM2 at 2:04 AM on Apr. 23, 2011

• Hang in there... It seems doctors just check the vital signs and make sure you don't have something that will kill you. If you are not getting answers from the doctor, find another one. Keep trying - you'll find out what's wrong.
    RobotLady

Answer by RobotLady at 2:07 AM on Apr. 23, 2011

• hugsDont give up, your daughter needs you. Keep going from Doctor to doctor until you find one that knows what is wrong. Hopefully the doc on Monday will give you better info.

TWOpeazINaPOD

Answer by TWOpeazINaPOD at 8:01 AM on Apr. 23, 2011

• Im really sorry that you are going through this! I have been going through the same thing but yours is more serious... i hatee how doctors seem to down play everything and forget how the mother must be feeling...i think they get used to seeing things and then lose compassion...my advice to you keep switching doctors until you find the right one because there are good docs out there! And i know its hard to alwayd remember it could be worse ( i had two babies that were sooooo difficult and especially with the 2nd one i was so bitter that i couldnt just have a "normal" baby..but.its what God gave you and you have to just hang in and keep pushing forward its what mothers do for theor babies...there WILL be brighter days and u will one day look back and say " ugh that was awful but we made it through!!!! Good luck and God Bless!
    mlmsm928

Answer by mlmsm928 at 12:12 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• Also i would be careful to not go crazy research on the computer...you can drive yourself nuts...i did it and learned im not a doctor so i will not figure it out..doctors are better educated than u think!!!
    mlmsm928

Answer by mlmsm928 at 12:15 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• keep going where u have to go and doing it until u get the answer u are looking for. dont try to self diagnose that will only drive u crazy
    4my1stborn

Answer by 4my1stborn at 1:23 PM on Apr. 23, 2011