The best soaps/shampoo for infants?

My little girl is a month old now and I have been using the J&J baby wash. She has tons of hair and I can't seem to get rid of the dry flaky skin off the back of her head and crown. I do use J&J Baby Oil Gel like I was informed to do because it helped. I haven't noticed a difference. I can't stand seeing the dry flakes on her head and having people think I don't wash her regularly lol

hooahreg

Asked by hooahreg at 2:16 AM on Apr. 23, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Wow! there are other products that you may want to try; to test and see what may be good for your daughter's hair.. Dont give up.. Have you talked to her doctor and see what he/she may say about that. Maybe they can give you some type of specialy medicated kinds of shampoo.. besides the oil rubbing on the head after shampoo'ing her hair I dont know what else to say..
    Hope you find more anwsers.
    Good Luck!
    tpayne87

Answer by tpayne87 at 2:22 AM on Apr. 23, 2011

• maybe she has Cradle cap. Cradle cap isn't cute, but it's harmless. Most often it shows up in the first few months of life, and it usually clears up on its own in about six to 12 months — although some babies have it for several years
    You don't really need to do anything, but if it bothers you, try shampooing more frequently and gently brushing your baby's scalp with a soft brush or a terrycloth towel.

For stubborn cases, you can use an oil remedy (The oil helps to loosen dry flakes.) If you want to give it a try, rub just a small amount of a pure, natural oil — such as almond or olive oil — on your baby's scalp and leave it on for about 15 minutes. Then gently comb out the flakes with a fine-toothed comb or brush them out with a soft brush.
    firepony

Answer by firepony at 3:31 AM on Apr. 23, 2011

• Just know that the J&J products and other brands for babies are some of the most toxic/unsafe products out there. They are full of petrochemicals, parabens, SLS, mineral oil, pthalates, etc. You should try natural products.

For cradle cap, you can use organic, extra-virgin, hexane-free coconut oil. It is the one oil closest to natural sebum and it is safe to use.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:35 AM on Apr. 23, 2011

• my son has flaky skin and a mild cradle cap. I recently starting using Gentle Naturals Cradle Cap Treatment during bath then I use Bella Bee gone shampoo to clean the second time. The Gentle naturals can't clean his head completely so I have to use the bella bee to clean it afterward, I only used it for 3 days and his flakes are 80% better. I also tried aveeno, JJ and many products and none of them really works.
    Amy2079

Answer by Amy2079 at 11:21 AM on Apr. 23, 2011

• use anything sulfate free! try whole food stores!
    MOMMYOF4123456

Answer by MOMMYOF4123456 at 4:12 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• jonsons and jonsons baby care
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 11:23 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• My son had cradle cap and I used Gentle Naturals cradle cap treatment. Spread some on the scalp, rub it in and then shampoo. Works great. You can get it at Target.

1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 12:51 PM on Apr. 25, 2011