Fellow conservatives, aren't you excited about...

Chambliss's victory?! I'm from Augusta, GA originally (in California now) and I've been following this closely; I'm so happy right now that I had to hop on here and have a victory party with my Republican girls :-)

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2008/12/02/georgia-senate-race-tip-balance-power/

sgalsmommy

Asked by sgalsmommy at 2:02 AM on Dec. 3, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• i am in columbus ga lol
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 2:02 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I am a Democrat, but I know how you feel! I remember in 2004 when the Dems lost BIG in the house and senate. That was the year Obama won his senate seat and he was the STAR or the Democratic party because he managed to win when no one else did! I'm glad Chambliss held onto his seat, even though I'm a Dem. I don't like it when either party has such a strong majority.

Don't worry, 2010 things will probably swing the other way. We don't have a red country or a blue country ... we have a swing country!!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 6:27 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I am glad that they don't have the complete domination they want. They still have a majority and I think US citizens should be more active in politics and writing their elected officials, calling, etc to get their opinions heard. Me them work for you!
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 8:36 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• grlygrlz2 is right. If you don't let them know what you want them to do for you, they will do as they please. Hold your elected officials accountable.
    And OP, yes, I am actually relieved as we need some checks and balances in our govt. They all tend to have a theiving hand, so it's good to have someone watching the cookie jar, so to speak. Now, I can't wait to find out how the Franken thing will go.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:13 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• YES! I am from the Savannah, GA area (Guyton) and I am glad that he won. Mainly because I do not want an all one sided government. I think that it is important to have a balance.
    MaryJane849

Answer by MaryJane849 at 9:17 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• God Yes, and yes we were part of that whole thing. There was alot going on behind the scenes to get that man a winning election. Go Palin.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 10:07 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I love to have a balance in the gov. I'm very conservative (as you ladies know) but I think neither side should be completely in power. It's scary when one agenda or the other is in majority.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:48 AM on Dec. 3, 2008