Are you a sexy or plain jane mom

I have to ask this because most moms give up on themselves after they have babies. I didn't, and I refuse to. Most moms admit that it can be hard trying to stay in shape and remain sexy for their man. What do you guys think?

ambr2006

Asked by ambr2006 at 2:42 AM on Apr. 23, 2011 in Relationships

• it can be hard to keep up with appearances when you have so much to do in a day. Especially with an infant I take care of every 2 hours and then a 3 yr old. My husband is deployed at the moment so Im getting away with not looking the best infront of him lol When he returns home, yes, I definately plan on keeping myself primped and looking good. Besides, what kind of woman doesn't like to look her best. The best time to show yourself off is after having children!
    hooahreg

Answer by hooahreg at 2:55 AM on Apr. 23, 2011

• I stay in shape and take care of myself, especially after 2 kids. After both my kids I wore girdles so I could lose the flab and remained active so I could stay stoned and go back to my normal weight quickly. I don't just do it for my husband though, I do it for myself! I am proud of the way I look after kids, and I love getting compliments about it. My husband thinks I'm even more sexier after having kids because I have more curves now :)
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 3:06 AM on Apr. 23, 2011

• I think it is very important to stay sexy for your man and for yourself. After all we are still women and we deserve to pamper ourselves at the end of a long hard day with the little ones. We just have a hard time budgeting out the time and we make the mistake of not making an effort to do that.
    pookie60

Answer by pookie60 at 3:06 AM on Apr. 23, 2011

• Both, but at different times.
    txnmomof4

Answer by txnmomof4 at 3:50 AM on Apr. 23, 2011

• Look, I was criminally unattractive before I had kids, and I'm criminally unattractive now. My husband didn't choose me for my looks, he chose me for my sense of humor and because we have tons in common and we enjoy each other's company. I do stay in shape, because that's a health issue, but as for things like makeup, fancy clothes, nails, hair and shoes that cost more than my first car did, it would be an absolute waste of time for me to try to do any of that stuff, it would certainly be a case of hanging a silk purse on a sow's ear and I doubt my husband would notice anyway.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 8:19 AM on Apr. 23, 2011

• Hmmm, well you might say I am a plain jane, but that is because I choose to not be sexy for everyone in the world. I save that for dh only. :) But I think there is a big difference in sexy and just taking care of yourself.
    sheena696

Answer by sheena696 at 9:48 AM on Apr. 23, 2011

• Always sexy..
    smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 9:49 AM on Apr. 23, 2011

• Oh don't get me wrong, it is very hard for me too. There are days when I skip the gym and crawl in bed with a huge bowl of ice cream and whipped topping, but I'm back in gym the next day. I wanted to get some opinions on the matter because our kids demand so much of our attention that it can be hard to focus on ourselves.
    ambr2006

Comment by ambr2006 (original poster) at 9:55 AM on Apr. 23, 2011

• I'm not knocking the pursuit of sexiness in general, Ambr2006. It's good for the old self-esteem and lots of fellows actually do give a darn about how the ladies on their arms appear. And it's good to make time for yourself, regardless of whether that time and energy is spent on grooming or another worthy pursuit. My career requires a certain level of grooming that I adhere to and a number of my hobbies also require me to be put together nicely and I make sure I've got that handled, but none of that results in what anyone could consider "sexy", I'm just not sexy, never have been and apparently, never will be. But I wasn't trying to knock your point of view, I'm sorry I kind of came off that way...
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 10:20 AM on Apr. 23, 2011

• Never sexy...worse than plain jane for me.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 10:39 AM on Apr. 23, 2011